Check out my new Point-n-Shoot!

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited June 13, 2010 in Cameras
34ywi9c.jpg

21o24py.jpg

14wd9py.jpg
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited June 4, 2010
    Congratulations. clap.gif

That would appear to be the Konica Hexar AF.

http://www.cameraquest.com/konhex.htm
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    yep. kinda reminds me of the old digital Canon G3. except for the film part of course. should be interesting. max shutter = 1/250. I haven't figured the thing out yet but there seems to be a heck of a lot of shutter lag, from button-press to picture taken.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Does it do HD video?
    rolleyes1.gif
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    haha. Actually I had to return it to the seller. The shutter lag was a known problem with those cameras if they had a faulty shutter button. I think it was an omen. I shot one roll with it (lag and all) and I have to say that composing with bright-lines is very strange to me. I didn't really like it. I could probably get used to it, but I think for now I'll just stick to my K1000 when I'm feeling nostalgic for film.
    -Jack

• EmmettEmmett Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    If you want a small film camera try an Olympus XA. It's an aperture priority, manual focus rangefinder. A great Zuiko 35mm f2.8 lens and they go for peanuts now. I bought mine new in 1980 as a pocket camera when I was in the army. It looks as if it's been through a few wars now with brass showing, yes it's metal bodied, but still produces perfect results. When new it was £100 and you could get a Nikon SLR for that at the time. It's a proper photographer camera. There's a lever on the base which gives +1.5 stops for back lit subjects and it has a range scale on the lens for hyperfocal focusing. The ISO/ASA is easily adjusted too so I always used this for exposure compensation. Fans of the camera even have their own website here... http://www.diaxa.com/xastart.htm

Thanks for reminding me of this little camera I think I'll take it to Scandinavia with me next month with a few rolls of Velvia. It'll be the perfect companion to my 5DII. thumb.gif

XAand5DII.jpg