Options

OT: Black River Imaging users please help

JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited June 6, 2010 in Weddings
How the heck do I get the layout templates? I cant find anywere to download or use them to drop pictures in... im completely lost lol :dunno

Which is easier to use, the downloadable software, or the album manager online?

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Choose what kind of layout you want, square or rectangle, and then go to the second menu from the box on the upper left and move to the right or left it should show you the templates.

You could make them in photoshop and import them into their layout software.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    JayClark79 wrote: »
    How the heck do I get the layout templates? I cant find anywere to download or use them to drop pictures in... im completely lost lol ne_nau.gif

Check this out: You have to use both the template page they have available on-line, note down the # of the template you want to use, then find it in their downloadable software. Pain in the ass

Here is your workaround

In photoshop - design for the exact book size that you want to use, for instance a 10x10 book -- open up a new document in photoshop using 20 as width and 10 as height. This will give you a two page spread. Design away......then export as a jpg and just drop them into the black river imaging software. Be careful to allow for trim lines

Or - if you need further help I think I have a photoshop action set to get you started. Let me know and I'll send it to you.wings.gif that way it is just a click of the button
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Choose what kind of layout you want, square or rectangle, and then go to the second menu from the box on the upper left and move to the right or left it should show you the templates.

You could make them in photoshop and import them into their layout software.

Yeah --- Moogie Pepper just said it better than I did ne_nau.gifLaughing.gif
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    pinkymalingpinkymaling Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    might I just add....
    JayClark79 wrote: »
    How the heck do I get the layout templates? I cant find anywere to download or use them to drop pictures in... im completely lost lol ne_nau.gif

We are only using BRI now for engagement sign in books because our first wedding album from them was flawed. A slight bump in the page made us realize that we could not rely on them. Perhaps the two week turn around time is too fast and they neglect quality? Inspecting your books is a good idea before you give them to your couples. (I would advise this over sending them the book before hand.) So we decided we didn't want to go though that again. We ended up giving our couple another book from another company. One that we love so far and has not disappointed us or our clients. Although, their turn around time is two months, it seems well worth it for the quality.
    I know this was a question about the templates but I just thought I would give you food for thought if you have not used this company yet. I am sure they have turned out good quality for some but for us....one mistake...esp. in the first book we ordered from them was quit enough. eek7.gif
  • Options
    JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    OK i see them now I guess there are no templates for the pressbooks?
    I think im getting it now.. So i edit the PAGES in the layout creator (i think ill be using adobe indesign though) save them and upload them as is to the album manager and that becomes the book?

So far some reason when im in the album manager its only letting me do 2 different kinds of 4x6 books... i have no idea why its doing this im hopping to create atleast 8x10 books?

Do you guys recommend Adobe Indesign?.. If I did them in Indesin i would just load the 8x10 images directly to the album manager right?

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    I use ID for my album design. It is a true page layout designer and much less of a PIA than PS is.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    Album DS is your solution for all things "layout". Comes with templates, backgrounds, masks, actions...simplistic....many press book presets and sizes included. Make invitations, announcements, albums, books, cards, flyers...all within PS using your favorite tools.

You can download a full 30 day free trial version. I think you'll be pleased. I wouldn't be without it.

http://www.albumds.com/site_us/
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552