Cogs 'n Wheels (aka RUST)

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited June 6, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, old farm machinery - evening light casting a few shadows - just a touch of rust - heaven :D

4289784327_ee27f59710_b.jpg

4670407281_6553905e95.jpg

4289736979_2e7a5f3be5.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C always appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 5, 2010
    Really nice. I like the subdued quality of the light, especially in the first two, and the color.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Nothing better than a feast like this for us Rust Junkies. Rust AND gears is darn near toxic. Good work.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    I really like the last photo and how the light is reflecting through the container. I'm assuming it's oil of some sort.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Cogs 'n Wheels (aka RUST)
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I really like the last photo and how the light is reflecting through the container. I'm assuming it's oil of some sort.
    Being a Rust nut I like them all. Though I agree with Dogdots on the specialness of the last one. thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Hi Richard.......Wow ... I like um all. You did a great job on these...:Dgary
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    the third photo has a an eye catching quality to it, but I'm drawn more to the first photo.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Really nice. I like the subdued quality of the light, especially in the first two, and the color.

Hi Richard - you can't beat evening light. Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited June 5, 2010
    Nothing better than a feast like this for us Rust Junkies. Rust AND gears is darn near toxic. Good work.

Tom

Hi Tom, Thank you for your comment - glad you liked them. I am always surprised by the lack of safety guarding on old machinery.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited June 5, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »

Hi, I think we need an 'engineer' to solve that one. It is a 'sight glass' of some sort - but I don't know what is in it. Thanks for your comment - much appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited June 6, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hi Richard.......Wow ... I like um all. You did a great job on these...:Dgary

Hi Gary, glad you like them - thanks for your nice comment.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited June 6, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Being a Rust nut I like them all. Though I agree with Dogdots on the specialness of the last one. thumb.gif

Don

Hi Don - rust must run through our veins :D Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited June 6, 2010
    the third photo has a an eye catching quality to it, but I'm drawn more to the first photo.

Hi Steve, the first one is my favourite as well. Thanks for looking and your feedback.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    Super series Richard
    That great light really brings out the colors of the rust. I especially like the interplay of light and shadows and wonderful colors in #1. thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited June 6, 2010
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Super series Richard
    That great light really brings out the colors of the rust. I especially like the interplay of light and shadows and wonderful colors in #1. thumb.gifthumb

Hello Jack, Glad you liked them - thank you for your feedback.

Cheers, Richard.