Aging photos...which PP?

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited June 8, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Here's two "aged" versions of the same shot...Which is better?

4672902422_4cf70c945d.jpg

or

4672901814_810ea41b2e.jpg

Cheers

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Aging photos...which PP?
    Well that would depend on just how old you want them to look. One looks like faded old color and the other like sepia toned B&W.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    I like the second... it catches my eye more than the first. that's just me though.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Well that would depend on just how old you want them to look. One looks like faded old color and the other like sepia toned B&W.

Don

So, do you think I've been successful in creating TWO good aged photos, just from different eras?
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    I like the second... it catches my eye more than the first. that's just me though.

Thanks. My favourite is the first, in fact, but that maybe because it reminds me of photos of me as a kid.
  • rcofrcof Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    I think the second photo says "old photo" more than the first one. The first one might give more of an aged look if it were converted to monochome.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    My vote is the 2nd photo.
  • saikanosaikano Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    I like first,but I don't like the highlight on the second. It just doesn't look real :(