First Kiss

pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited June 11, 2010 in People
This is from when my oldest daughter met her little sister for the first time at the hospital. I'm looking for some C&C on the post-processing (and any other aspect, for that matter). It seems a little washed out to me... Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brad

890659814_8gScG-L.jpg

Comments

• dahn8dahn8 Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Nice pic and congrats! You have a beautiful baby and daughter :) You must be proud!

As for the picture, I can see what you mean about the washed out-ness of the photo. But in this case, i think it can work. It gives a gentler and softer feel to the photograph which is in line with the subject matter :)

I dont have any other thoughts and suggestions though in regards to the post-processing. :)
  • pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    dahn8 wrote: »
    Nice pic and congrats! You have a beautiful baby and daughter :) You must be proud!

As for the picture, I can see what you mean about the washed out-ness of the photo. But in this case, i think it can work. It gives a gentler and softer feel to the photograph which is in line with the subject matter :)

I dont have any other thoughts and suggestions though in regards to the post-processing. :)

Dahn8 - Thanks! I'm going to send the picture off to Bay Photo and see how it looks.
  • patataheadpatatahead Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    i was moved by this picture. a keeper! thanks for sharing
  • pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    patatahead wrote: »
    i was moved by this picture. a keeper! thanks for sharing

Thanks patatahead! It was one of my favorites from that day.
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    Love this.

Seriously.

Yeah, there's things to nit-pick. The edge of the bassinet, things like that. But on a big level, who cares. You captured a priceless moment.

By the way, I don't think it's necessarily washed out - maybe lacking a bit of pop or contrast. The top right corner has some detail missing, but that's minor in my book.

Thanks for posting.
    d8
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Congratulations on the new daughter and the wonderful image!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    I think this is really sweet. I didn't think "washed out" at all when I saw it. It's bright and the subjects are mostly filling the frame and it's a sweet moment. Congrats and well done!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Absolutely precious and a photograph that will be cherished for years to come.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires