Lake at Durant Nature Park, Raleigh, NC - C&C

karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited June 13, 2010 in Landscapes

Comments

• StevemacStevemac Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    Hi karl for me this image does'nt work in mono theres not enough contrasting light so maybe keep it as colour.
    Although the reflection is nice i think its lacking foreground interest and making the whole picture very bland ;)

steve.
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    re:
    Stevemac wrote: »
    Hi karl for me this image does'nt work in mono theres not enough contrasting light so maybe keep it as colour.
    Although the reflection is nice i think its lacking foreground interest and making the whole picture very bland ;)

steve.

Thank you for your honest feedback. The colour version isn't all that exciting either. I certainly see your point about the lack of foreground matter. Clearly adding foreground matter would have increased the amount of interest in the image.

Karl
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    I dunno, I really like it as it is and think that the black/white treatment really brings out the reflections and emphasizes the darkness of the inner shadows.

I find this shot both foreboding as well as calming. That's a good thing!
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    This almost looks like an Infrared photo. I would have thought the tree stump area would have been dark and that would have provided more contrast but I actually like this image. my very first reaction was I thought the leaves especially along the right side were too bright, but aside from that it is a very soothing image. Nice contrast in the shadows.
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    I took the highlights down a little bit -- let me know if this works a little better or if I need to bring them down even more:

899850550_FQPQK-XL.jpg