contract

jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited June 7, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Been working on our wedding contract. Would love for others to take a look and let me know what you think.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3329759/contract.pdf
Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    I'll comment some more later but I really wouldn't guarantee 500 images, or any number for that matter. You could say that around 500 images is a reasonable number to expect, or something. I think you have nothing to gain but potential problems from the guarantee statement ne_nau.gif
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    I'll comment some more later but I really wouldn't guarantee 500 images, or any number for that matter. You could say that around 500 images is a reasonable number to expect, or something. I think you have nothing to gain but potential problems from the guarantee statement ne_nau.gif

Good point!

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 7, 2010
    Your business name is important. Is "Jason Scott Photography" a legal entity? If not you shouldn't make it the party of responsibility in the contract.

I'm not sure I would have your shots schedule be the first page.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    As others already mentioned you need to lose the shot schedule......never ever print a
    shot schedule or give an amount of photos guaranteed for the wedding photos.
    I almopst got into trouble at a wedding in film days for guaranteeing 120 shots.....
    I did not pick up the correct brick of film and only had 108 exposures and had done a few
    shots over so I was screwed until I found 2 rolls of film in with my flash batts.....just a
    weird coincidence that saved my butt........It is better to just I will cover your special day
    to my fullest ability to capture it from begin to end......or from processional to end reception.......
    or up to so many images.............................
    however you fell is best for you.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited June 7, 2010
    Angelo wrote: »
    Your business name is important. Is "Jason Scott Photography" a legal entity? If not you shouldn't make it the party of responsibility in the contract.

We have an S-Corp with a different name, then a DBA of "Jason Scott Photography"... so, yes??? Not sure???

edited June 7, 2010
    Made some changes. Link in first post still works and should show updated version...