Canyonlands, UT my first try.....

CanonFanCanonFan Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
edited June 8, 2010 in Landscapes
Got to visit this area last June and was so amazed the expanse of it all.
A storm rolled through as I finally arrived and thought I was going to loose my great opts but low and behold, the after effect saved my shot.
Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC

Comments

• RJC1RJC1 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 6, 2010
    Beautiful shot, love it. My first impression of it was that it looked a little underexposed. Of course the sky would get a little washed out if the exposure was increased. It just seems that the harsh shadows that are there already, the sun would be brighter on the landscape.
  • CanonFanCanonFan Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    Well, I wanted a mood and when it was edited brighter , not only did the cloud wash out but it seemed less dramatic than it actually was ..standing there. The storm has gone all the around me and there was still the smell of rain in the air. Thanks!
    Capture the Light!

Franklin, NC
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Great shot! It's very moody!

I'm heading to the States this summer for a holiday in just a few weeks. Utah is definitely on the list to visit!!
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Cool shot but it looks like it's underexposed by at least a half stop. I'd try brightening it up just a little bit.