Options

Charrise and Bryan

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited June 9, 2010 in Weddings
I did a wedding for my mother in laws coworker's daughter this last saturday ... extremely small family affair. Only my 2nd real wedding haha! Enjoy.

edit: I tweaked the skin tones on 5 and 6

1) cake shot
892580052_8A7aC-XL.jpg

2) ring shot
892583491_pvqfY-L.jpg

3) getting ready
893158557_Zu7Vf-L.jpg
4) makeup done
892590200_APnnh-L.jpg

5) the bride
893761223_H6ypn-L.jpg
6) the couple
893774110_JvZQL-L.jpg
7) cute kid!
892600177_HAwkg-L.jpg
8) detail shot
892657021_yyhH5-L.jpg

9) haha the lechon!
892656402_kJEGT-L.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    I could have done well without that pig shot. eek7.gif It kinda takes away from the other shots you posted. haha!

Those are some shiny eyes! I love the prep shot (#3)!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2010
    I could have done well without that pig shot. eek7.gif It kinda takes away from the other shots you posted. haha!

Those are some shiny eyes! I love the prep shot (#3)!

Yeah I agree..the I didn't quite hit focus on the pigs eyes and there are specular highlight all over! She/he is quite stunning none the less! wings.gif
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    Ohhh, pretty, pretty!! iloveyou.gif Love the all, just might want to watch the skin tones in 5 & 6

Any pics of the couple? (other than the one you posted)

clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Ohhh, pretty, pretty!! iloveyou.gif Love the all, just might want to watch the skin tones in 5 & 6

Any pics of the couple? (other than the one you posted)

clap.gif

Thanks, too much editing this weekend made my eyes wonky. I swear when you stare at the same shots over and over your eyes get accustomed to color casts. eek7.gif

Here is another of the couple.

892655702_sJRyZ-L.jpg

edit: *sigh* angie, your request made me look through my shots and I got a bunch of candids of bride and groom but not a "wallhanger" type. *makes mental note*
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    I really like the crop on number 5. the line in her dress looks great at that angle. I would just work on her skin tone. She looks very orange...maybe too much tanning :) I have had some brides do that to me. :) But, nice work so far. Would like to see a full dress shot, as it looks like it could be beautiful!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    The catchlights in the little girls eye's in number seven are perfect. Normally, small kids shots from an adult's height are throw aways, but I really like this one.

And number 3 is stunning!

The pig is disgusting. Good photograph, just dead animals aren't nearly as fun as cute kids and beautiful brides.
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2010
    I really like the crop on number 5. the line in her dress looks great at that angle. I would just work on her skin tone. She looks very orange...maybe too much tanning :) I have had some brides do that to me. :) But, nice work so far. Would like to see a full dress shot, as it looks like it could be beautiful!

this is about as full length as I got heh

892652462_jgerd-X2.jpg
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    this is about as full length as I got heh

892652462_jgerd-X2.jpg

ooo i like the conversion. and her gloves are rockin. She is stunning.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Wow love em all! even the pig! 3 is solid!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    2 and 3 are my favorites 9 not so much...
    Looks like a cute couple, lots of nice color.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Not Bashing Quairk, but were you shooting 2nd on this one? No couple shots and no shots of the dress are a big failing on your part if you were the primary. That's not like accidentally forgetting to get a shot of Grandma gettin' jiggy on the dance floor! Maybe they just wanted candids only? If that was an oversight and not spelled out in your contract or per their request, I would personally call them now to arrange a free after session.

As for the shots, I think they are pretty good. I agree with your comment about your eye's color perception wandering after a long PS session... happens to me too. I notice you shoot often from a high angle, and you may want to get down low a little more. Low not under but level. Shooting high and angled is a great way to blur/distort the lower parts of the subject but most people will want some that are more true to reality in that department. Your detail shots are really great though and everything you posted works IMHO, but it is probably a good idea to mix it up in that regard if you aren't already. On a positive note your processing look nice with good pop, and your lighting looks very natural. From a technical standpoint these are very well done to my eye.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Not Bashing Quairk, but were you shooting 2nd on this one? No couple shots and no shots of the dress are a big failing on your part if you were the primary. That's not like accidentally forgetting to get a shot of Grandma gettin' jiggy on the dance floor! Maybe they just wanted candids only? If that was an oversight and not spelled out in your contract or per their request, I would personally call them now to arrange a free after session.

As for the shots, I think they are pretty good. I agree with your comment about your eye's color perception wandering after a long PS session... happens to me too. I notice you shoot often from a high angle, and you may want to get down low a little more. Low not under but level. Shooting high and angled is a great way to blur/distort the lower parts of the subject but most people will want some that are more true to reality in that department. Your detail shots are really great though and everything you posted works IMHO, but it is probably a good idea to mix it up in that regard if you aren't already. On a positive note your processing look nice with good pop, and your lighting looks very natural. From a technical standpoint these are very well done to my eye.

Matt

Matt, I was not 2nd. I am however rather new to weddings and am still learning. I was happy with the shots I got but I wish I had gotten a few more poses. Lessons were learned. heh

Thanks for looking and commenting.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2