22-24" monitors

PrettyKittyPrettyKitty Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited June 8, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
Ok, i'm thinking of replacing my Samsung Syncmaster T220 because it's so bright and glossy that I can't get a good color calibration done! The colors look amazing and then print way darker. I even turned the brightness down to 0 and the pictures were still darker.. LOL... SOooo... i'm thinking of the following monitor... any comments?

Viewsonic VP2365wb 23" LCD Professional Series with IPS panel technology

It's around $315, available at my local frys, and seems like it would be a vast improvement over what I have. I really don't want to spend $1000+ on a really professional monitor just yet... maybe if I start making serious money at photography, then I would. But for now, I'm just starting to make money at this. :) I have a wedding booked at the end of the month so I want to make sure they turn out as fabulous as possible! :noob

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited June 7, 2010
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom Gear forum. You'll find similar monitor threads here. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • PrettyKittyPrettyKitty Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom Gear forum. You'll find similar monitor threads here. thumb.gif

Thanks! I wasn't sure where it belonged :)-
  • marzipannmarzipann Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    I purchased a HP ZR24w recently, and like it very much. Its a very bright monitor though. I had to set brightness to 0 during calibration to reach the target 120cd luminance, so you might still have a dark prints problem until you get used to how your processing will print. I'm still learning everything so I can't offer much advice.

The colors on the ZR24 are very good. The main negative from reviews I read is the black point is not as low as ideal, but I can live with that since I'm no pro.

It runs around 400 depending where you find it, and if its still on SmartBuy.

Ok, i'm thinking of replacing my Samsung Syncmaster T220 because it's so bright and glossy that I can't get a good color calibration done! The colors look amazing and then print way darker. I even turned the brightness down to 0 and the pictures were still darker.. Laughing.gif... SOooo... i'm thinking of the following monitor... any comments?

It's around $315, available at my local frys, and seems like it would be a vast improvement over what I have. I really don't want to spend $1000+ on a really professional monitor just yet... maybe if I start making serious money at photography, then I would. But for now, I'm just starting to make money at this. :) I have a wedding booked at the end of the month so I want to make sure they turn out as fabulous as possible! yelrotflmao.gif
  • NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010

See this post....

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1393648&postcount=4

I'd get the NEC EA231WMi over the Viewsonic.

Check out the reviews in the sites I've provided links for.