Options

My first wedding...and a story.

ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
edited June 8, 2010 in Weddings
First of all, I don't claim to be a people shooter or even a wedding shooter...but.

This past weekend, I found myself at Squaw Valley. We rode the cable car up to High Camp with a couple all decked out in wedding attire, a minister and their musician. The ride up was pretty spectacular. The views of Lake Tahoe, the surrounding ski resort. We expected to hang out and shoot some landscapes...

As we walked around and noticed this couple really were getting married at a pretty cool spot overlooking the lake. One problem. It was just the four of them. So we wandered down and made a couple of photos. When the ceremony was over, I shot a few more and helped the B&G out with their own camera. Later, we ran into them at the cafe where they had their first meal as husband and wife. We exchanged contact info and I'll get a couple of photos to them later.

Not the usual wedding for sure but one I'll remember for a while. It ranks right up there with the first wedding I performed.

Here's one with no PP.

893832992_vWoiH-M.jpg

Any comments or criticism are certainly welcome.
Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?

Comments

• Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    What a great looking back drop, but I wish I could see some of their faces or expressions. Any from a different angle/camera position?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited June 8, 2010
    I have a few more to go through still. I'll post one or two of them when I get a chance.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Looking forward to seeing more.

Sam
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    What a great story. I am sure they will love any photos that you send them. I did the same with a couple in Ireland (not a wedding). But they were at a scenic overlook and their camera was out of batteries, so I used my camera and took their photo and emailed it to them when we got back. They were so happy with it! Made my day.

As for the photo. I agree that the angle is wrong, but the coloring is nice and the dress exposure is spot on.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook