Options

iPad app. A bug and some suggestions

Chris KingChris King Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 15, 2010 in Bug Reporting
Hi,

First of all, I have to say it's a great app, and thank you.

Second, a bug report. Sometimes, after I have downloaded photos for offline viewing, the app fails to display them,
showing only a black screen instead. Often, after this, it will crash. The only workaround is to delete all the offline content and then load it all again (which is laborious).

Third, some suggestions.

First of all, it would b nice to have better control over the downloading and updating of offline content. Removing a gallery's downloaded pictures would be a good start. Secondly, a 'download new' button would be nice rather than having to navigate to each gallery and click the 'Save' button.

Also, I'm a fan of looking at the stats for how many people are looking at my photos, so I'd love to be able to see the stats from the app.

Thanks for listening!

Chris

Comments

• Options
    Chris KingChris King Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 8, 2010
    Apologies, I 've just realised I put this in the wrong forum.
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Thanks for the bug report and suggestions I'll add them to the bug and feature request list. As for viewing stats that probably won't be available in the app as its kind of outside the scope of the purpose of the application. I say probably not because hey, it could happen :)

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    emtp563emtp563 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    Shizam wrote: »
    Thanks for the bug report and suggestions I'll add them to the bug and feature request list. As for viewing stats that probably won't be available in the app as its kind of outside the scope of the purpose of the application. I say probably not because hey, it could happen :)

Sam

I'm getting that black screen/crashing too.
    My SmugMug site: http://www.cyclingcaptured.com

Canon EOS 1D & 1D Mark II
    Speedlite 580EX II & 430EX
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS
    Canon 16-35L f/2.8
    Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS
  • Options
    Mike WernerMike Werner Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    Yesterday's update to the iPad version is now buggy... login is not persistent, every time I access it I need to log in. Cached photos do not appear, and the screen is totally black.
    Mike Werner
    Paris, France

http://news.motorbiker.org/
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2010
    Yesterday's update to the iPad version is now buggy... login is not persistent, every time I access it I need to log in. Cached photos do not appear, and the screen is totally black.

I'm getting logged out as well.

Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS
    Canon 16-35L f/2.8
    Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2010

Really? I'll add your account to my pad and see if I can figure out why yours is affected.

Edit: :/ You're right, embarrassing that the bug slipped through. I've fixed it (and a couple others) will put it on the train to get approved by Apple.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2010
    Really? I'll add your account to my pad and see if I can figure out why yours is affected.

Edit: :/ You're right, embarrassing that the bug slipped through. I've fixed it (and a couple others) will put it on the train to get approved by Apple.

Cool Dude!

Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS
    Canon 16-35L f/2.8
    Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS
  • Options
    Mike WernerMike Werner Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2010

Great.
    Mike Werner
    Paris, France

http://news.motorbiker.org/
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    I too love this app but the black page is so annoying - whether a gallery is saved or not - there are times that I swipe to see the next image and it is blank - but if I return to the gallery itself i see the thumbnail.

One suggestion also - there has to be a quicker way to get to the last page of a gallery without having to swipe 15 or 100 time - depending on how many images are in a gallery. Hopefully you'll create a way to more quickly get to an image you want to see. Thanks.
  • Options
    TrophyWifeTrophyWife Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    captions?
    don't know if it's already been mentioned, but would love to see smugmug for ipad display captions already entered in on the website.... would make for even better displaying to friends/family.

Or maybe I'm missing something that's already on the app...

Thanks
    Canon 5D Mark II | Canon Rebel XTi | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.4
    iMac 3.06 GHz | Aperture
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2010
    I'm looking into the black page thing now.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    shaweetzshaweetz Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2010
    Add me to the black screen people. Hope you are having some luck squashing this bug. I have very few galleries loaded for offline viewing. Very nice app, great work.