Chicago Skyline, Blackhawks on the buildings

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in Landscapes
894588336_S7idu-X3.jpg

Downtown Chicago 6/6/10. Various buildings sporting Blackhawks support, including AIG building with the Stanley Cup, AON building with the Blackhawks logo, Blue Cross/Blue Shield Building with "lets go hawks", Stone Container building with "go hawks" and the Sears tower with red antennae.

16 images in all, taken with the 5DII & 85/1.2 with my homemade pano head. Stitched with PTGui and color corrected in photoshop. Very tedious photo, one of the most complicated I've worked on in the past couple of years. 15 color correction/adjustment layers each with very involved masks which had to be created by hand.

This is only a 10x30 crop of the image. The full photo is roughly twice as wide and extends from the Shedd Aquarium on the left, to Navy Pier on the right. Cropped only so I could reproduce it easily through SM.

Comments

• Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    16 images in all, taken with the 5DII & 85/1.2 with my homemade pano head. Stitched with PTGui and color corrected in photoshop. Very tedious photo, one of the most complicated I've worked on in the past couple of years. 15 color correction/adjustment layers each with very involved masks which had to be created by hand.

This is only a 10x30 crop of the image. The full photo is roughly twice as wide and extends from the Shedd Aquarium on the left, to Navy Pier on the right. Cropped only so I could reproduce it easily through SM.

Sounds like a lot of work!! That's a hectic stitch job. As an Australian, my ignorance led me to google the Blackhawks. I presume it must be final season in the NHL like it is in the NBA (Go Boston).

The city has put it a lot of work for the series by the looks of that photo! Must be stunning to actually be in Chicago at the moment.

Well done! clap.gifclap.gif
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    I see nothing: neither in Firefox, nor in Opera…

headscratch.gif

- Wil

BTW: Welcome to DGPF!
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 8, 2010
    I can't see the pic either, though the link works. Check to make sure that external linking is allowed in the SmugMug gallery settings. deal.gif
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Fixed. I hope?
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Ah! …that's much better!

Nice job!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Stunning clap.gif !!! Such team spirit too!!
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Great picture! And Happy for the Hawks!!
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Super shot

Excellent work
    Rags
  • NutterNutter Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Nice shot(s) and work!
    Being successful is a relative term. Relative to you and only you.--Ricky Lankford

Take a Peek!
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    An amazing shot. From what I can see, your effort paid off handsomely. Very nicely done.
    flickr
    I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    very very nice!!! i'd say it was worth the time and effort you put into it thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Great shot, and worth the effort! And congrats to the Blackhawks--I was pulling for them (once the Kings were out). Love watching Kane play!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • JaynusJaynus Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Awesome photo! Definitely worth the hard work! thumb.gif
    I'm a Nikon girl. :D