Rainier all to ourselves

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited June 22, 2010 in Landscapes
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I haven't been out in months so this was kind of an exercise in seeing if I still know how to use a camera.

Chinook pass just opened up two weekends ago so Ron and I decided to head up there and take our chances on getting a good sunrise after all the bad weather we've been having around Seattle for the past week or two. We showed up a little before 2:00am and waited around in the snow at Tipsoo Lake for three hours. It was very foggy and visibility was at times reduced to about 100 feet but we decided to stick around anyway. As it started to get light out we were both thinking that it would be a bust since visibility remained poor, but that's when the clouds/fog finally began to break up. It only took a few minutes but then the mountain revealed herself just as the colors began to appear in the sky. The timing couldn't have been any more perfect and sunrise was absolutely gorgeous. About half an hour after the sun came up, all the clouds moved back in and the mountain was once again fully obscured.

884288569_mjtmG-XL-13.jpg
[/FONT]

Comments