Options

Kaye-Leigh and Sean (June 5 wedding pics)

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited June 18, 2010 in Weddings
You guys might remember them from their engagement session last fall...

A couple from the bridal prep..

894467231_tBt9b-L.jpg

2. I did nothing to her eyes other than the conversion. No sharpening or anything. She is a knockout, and her eyes are about the most amazing I have ever shot.
894480700_KcK8C-XL.jpg

894484672_PUrwj-L.jpg

894492089_fE5ZX-L.jpg

894510367_jCJSW-XL.jpg

6. Her dad gave her this gun the night before as a "warning" for Sean...
This is her trying to look mean. I'm scared... are you?

895663041_WJZp6-L.jpg

We have a ton of pics of her, because every time she would move a muscle, she was more gorgeous than the last second... and pretty much... she was.

894535532_r2oRf-XL.jpg

894539936_myn9S-L.jpg

9. She was really emotional pretty much all day, so it was really important that I include just a bit of that...

894586120_D69Cq-L.jpg

But as soon as she saw Sean, all those tears turned into joy. I love the contrast of what her dad is feeling to her expression. I think this is my favorite photo of the day, despite the cafeteria background.

894591380_LU2t9-L.jpg

The ring bearer was super adorable during the ceremony... I have a ton of shots of this kid... he was so cute! (Have I ever expressed my *cough* LOVE of stage lighting?)
894625925_jWyzV-L.jpg

894703597_Ezusd-L.jpg

894704374_kD5yE-XL.jpg

894719258_X4rVv-XL.jpg

894727325_XJWmx-L.jpg

894734461_NSuPN-L.jpg

Very pretty cake

894779391_JWqSh-M.jpg894780151_kkfKX-M.jpg

This was a fun wedding... since I pretty much knew everyone. It always makes posing family easy, eh!?

Also, it was the first wedding where I personally got applauded.... A little kid was messing around and pushed a lightstand off the stage. I heard a gasp, looked up and ran over and caught the stand with one hand...And everyone cheered. Too funny! :rofl

And a fun Animoto video... (high res this time)

Part 1
Part 2 (my favorite)

I would like to point out that I matched the song styles to their choices of music for the reception.

C & C always appreciated:D

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Well you know Miss Heather, you make me angry. Those photos are too gorgeous for words. I'm serious. Esp. the second pic (pic of the bride), my jaw just dropped to the floor ... and it's in pieces now (thanks Heather! Now I need to look for my teeth all over the place) headscratch.gif

Ok, I am going to pick one photo that just won't do it for me, it's #4. Ha! Take it! I don't like one of your photos!! lol3.gif

A BIG applause to you, you ROCK my socks off! clap.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Oh, and I'd also take out the string of hair, that is covering a part of her veil in #12.

SNAP! :giggle

:andy
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Well you know Miss Heather, you make me angry. Those photos are too gorgeous for words. I'm serious. Esp. the second pic (pic of the bride), my jaw just dropped to the floor ... and it's in pieces now (thanks Heather! Now I need to look for my teeth all over the place) headscratch.gif

Ok, I am going to pick one photo that just won't do it for me, it's #4. Ha! Take it! I don't like one of your photos!! lol3.gif

A BIG applause to you, you ROCK my socks off! clap.gif

Well, tell your dentist I am sorry about the reconstructive work he has to do. You are such a funny lady!

Thanks for the compliments... it feels great to have you (Agnieszka the great) check out my work and approve (well all except for #4, which I happen to love, so I am not really paying attention...lol.)

And thanks for using your Mod powers on my behalf. You really are the greatest!iloveyou.giflust

(And I never even noticed the string of hair... good thing I have you guys to double check my work!)
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    Oh yeah, #2 made me gasp, then it made me depressed because it has to be about the most beautiful bridal portrait that I will never take Laughing.gif Wow, really, I might want your autograph...
    Anyway you look at it, the two of you made amazing images and are the perfect partners for the wedding photos.WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WORK. Take a bow. Congrats!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifclapclap.gif

ps #4 didn't do anything for me, but that was so over powered by the other images that I wasn't going to mention it until I saw the great Angie felt the same way. #13 is also a favorite of mine, but what is on her foot?
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    I always just love your wedding photos. I'll agree and say that #4 isn't one of my faves, but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE #13. I'm also curious about what is on her foot?

Beautiful work as always...clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Sherry
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
    Thanks Sherry and Trudy... I really appreciate the perspective.... perhaps my love of 4 is misguided... What I like: her curves really kick in the mermaid dress from a low angle, and I like the glowy feel of the blown windows. What I think might be making it not "wow" is perhaps the tight crop up top... but I thought it was perhaps artsy fartsy enough to get away with that. What is it that isn't striking a chord with you?

And on her foot is some sort of tatoo... Hebrew writing it looks like. I have no clue what it says. Maybe someone in internet land can help us out.

896067560_v4nyM-XL.jpg
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    I have to say I agree with most of the above comments about #2 and #4. Even before I read the others, I had the same reaction. #2 is a portrait for the ages! Good God that is amazing!! #4 is on the other side of the scale for me.

The rest are all very beautiful, and I admire your work. 2, 3, 9, & 16 are my faves here. Congrats on a GREAT collection of images.
    ~Shane
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Yet another beautiful set of images. You've got talent Miss Fred. I love your conversions and your vantage points..great framing throughout. #2 really appeals to me. That vintage light processing is one that I've wanted to duplicate so you must share :D.

14,15,16 are beautiful. She's a lovely bride and you captured her well. Wonderful work!thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    DWSDWS Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    outstanding!clap.gif

number 10's capture of the emotions is my favorite
    D800, D3s, D700, D300, D40 and a boatload of glass
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    These are really well done! Great work!

2. The eyes look radioactive white
    8. This looks blown out & recovered compared to the rest
    15. Keep all of the flowers in frame
    16. I'm a firm believer in not letting the horizon intersect the frame in the middle (of course this is meant to be broken. Here I think it would be best to crop into the bottom of the frame and go pano for a more dramatic image to match the landscape
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Wow Heather. These are amazing. I have to say I'm not into the gun shot. Without a camo bikini and a machine gun it just doesn't work for me. :D I don't care for the side of the house shot, though cloning the windows and a b&w conversion and I think I would like it more. The first 3 and 14-16 are my faves... Just stunning. 1 is true to form with your "simple but elegant" style that I like so much. I agree with 10 about chopping the flowers in #15 but the rest of the image is so strong that I think that will mostly go unnoticed.

I just have to say, the other day I stumbled out of weddingville to go look at your boudoir set, and my first thought was "OMG... she is actually better at this than she is at shooting weddings" and that from one of your biggest fans. But then I see this and I realize that you just kicked it ALL up a notch this year! I think I recall saying that last year too! I don't know what you do over the winter in the great white north, but whatever it is you transform. You must get all cacooned up in the family igloo and just burst out when you see spring. I really don't know how you do it girl... It is almost freakish how you get better and better.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2010
    Thanks Weisel! Confirmation received and accepeted!rolleyes1.giflust

Swartzy... thanks! And the processing for #2 was simple... Conversion to B & W in lightroom... import to photoshop, spot tidy up her skin using the patch tool and then I added a warm texture, soft light at about 30% opacity if I remember right, and then I did a teensy bit of masking away texture.

DWS... well it wasn't really all that hard to do since she really was quite teary all day... this was just one of the many moments. rolleyes1.gifBut thanks! iloveyou.gif

Ten- Radioactive white? :D Hmmmm well here is the shot straight out of LR.. what do you think I could do to make that work for you? It is probably the result of being slightly overexposed to start with.. but I love what the brightness does to define the delicate collar bones.
    894481377_qDyGq-L.jpg

And the rest of your points are very valid (and for the most part, I agree!) I really appreciate you taking time to type all of that up so I can learn from you and make mental notes for next time.

Mmmmmmatt- I suppose for the next wedding I'll just have to bring a machine gun and camo bikini for props... just to make sure you are happy! rolleyes1.gif

My secret for improving? I read pretty much every single thread in the weddings forum and catalogue things away in my brain.

I remember last year at this time and can think of so many things I was still figuring out... Winter in AK I don't usually have a lot of weddings (next year looks a little different, though)... but I do a lot of practice on my kids... on their friends... on family... whoever I can get ahold of. And I research little things that I had been wondering about. But mostly, I think experience with a camera and running the biz helps.

Thank you all very much for the encouragement! I love it that we can learn from each other. Photography school has nothing on you guys! clap.gif
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Ten- Radioactive white? :D Hmmmm well here is the shot straight out of LR.. what do you think I could do to make that work for you? It is probably the result of being slightly overexposed to start with.. but I love what the brightness does to define the delicate collar bones.
    894481377_qDyGq-L.jpg

Radioactive white is a technical term.. or maybe it's a crayon, I don't know...

It looked like you processed the whites of her eyes a bit much, but if that's how she looks.. wow! I guess I have too many late nights in front of a computer. I really like the general look of the shot, especially the way the light is playing on her skin - it looks great!
  • Options
    JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    clap.gifclap These are awsome!clap.gifclap

She definently was gorgeous... her eyes are awsome!

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Just....plain....STUNNING.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    All I can do is Oooo and Aaaah, Miss Heather! Love seeing your work!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Really inspiring! I need to take a trip to Alaska and carry your bags for an event. :D

Sam
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Terrific series. My faves are #13 and #15, which showcase the surroundings as much as the couple. But I think a square crop on #13, cutting out some of the bottom, would improve it somewhat.

#6 doesn't scare me; she's got a look of barely contained amusement on her face. #7 scares me - those eyes are saying, "You talkin' to me? HUH?!"
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    What equipment did you use to capture these? They are totally amazing.
  • Options
    edited June 15, 2010
    Jaye, Darren, Elaine, Sam, Will... Thanks! Your encouragement and comments always mean so much to me! And Sam... if you knew how heavy my bags were, you might rethink! Laughing.gif!

@ Dooginfif20: Canon 5DMII; Canon 5DClassic; 70-200 2.8IS; 35L; 24-70L; 24-105L; 580EXII X4; 480EXII; Ste2 X2; Lightstands; Brollys; Gels; Fong Cloud; and a whole lot of memory.
    Amazing how much cool stuff you can accumulate over time!

Thank you!
  • Options
    lmyamenlmyamen Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    WOW WOW WOW i love this set, #2 when i first saw it made me say wow! She is an amazing subject to shoot!