New to photography, as well as the forum.

NuthinSpecialNuthinSpecial Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I've had experience with Photoshop, other than that - No other training other than videos on youtube. I'm shooting with a Canon Rebel XTI that was given to me. Still learning..

Any constructive criticism is appreciated.

fmx13wm.jpg

fmx10wm.jpg

kaeleen11wm.jpg

pimawm2.jpg

westgatewm.jpg

stacey2wmsmaller.jpg

jetwmsmaller.jpg

kaeleen8wm.jpg

cougwm.jpg

lampswm.jpg

fmx2wm.jpg

kaeleen7wm.jpg

rx81wm.jpg

stacey4wmsmaller.jpg

rx85wm.jpg

edited.jpg

pimawm1.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 10, 2010
    Hi there and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice work. thumb.gif I moved your post to the Other Cool Shots forum, which seemed the best place for it. You'll get to know your way around soon enough--most of the forums have a sticky at the top that describes the forum theme.

Regards,
  • SCPSCP Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Wow, you have some access to some really cool stuff!

Your people work cold use some work, though I am not the one to help you cause my people work needs work. I swear I can't take a photo of a person to save my life.

Some really great shots though.
    Kandie Kingery

Become a fan of Stone Creek Photography
  • NuthinSpecialNuthinSpecial Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 10, 2010
    Thanks for the comments fellas, and thank you for moving the post - I'm still learning the forum.

I've got access to alot, being as I'm Active Duty Air Force - I'm an F-16 Crew chief, I can take pictures of pretty much any fighter aircraft, just nothing in the wheel wells, or in the cockpit. My people always seem to come out a little blurry. I've still gotta figure out why.
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    I think you have a great eye. I won't comment on the people pictures as that's not my forte at all. I like your car shots and the MX shots. The last full shot of the RX-8 is a bit dark for me, but I like the first one quite a bit. You've got a distinct processing style and it works well for a majority of your shots. I'm no pro by any means so I am just giving my .02 but keep up the good work, it's a great start!thumb.gif
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • NuthinSpecialNuthinSpecial Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 10, 2010
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    I think you have a great eye. I won't comment on the people pictures as that's not my forte at all. I like your car shots and the MX shots. The last full shot of the RX-8 is a bit dark for me, but I like the first one quite a bit. You've got a distinct processing style and it works well for a majority of your shots. I'm no pro by any means so I am just giving my .02 but keep up the good work, it's a great start!thumb.gif

Thanks! Ya can definitely tell I like dark colors, I need to add some variety to my shots.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    you have some good stuff. I like the shot of the girl in the doorway the best. It really pops.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Welcome and thank you for your service. You seem to have a good eye, and although your just starting your images are a %1000 better than my first images.

Hang around and ask. You will find this a nice helpful group.

Sam
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Thanks! Ya can definitely tell I like dark colors, I need to add some variety to my shots.

There's nothing wrong with liking dark colors..I have seen it work for processing for a LOT of pictures - that one specific shot is just too dark to really draw any detail to the image. And I'm a big fan of the selective coloring as well, though a lot of people don't like it so much.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery