Options

Architecture Shoot

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited June 10, 2010 in Technique
This morning went with another photographer who is far more experienced than I am to learn a little about a shooting architecture. While I new academically we needed to shoot ether very early or very lat in the day. Seeing it in the AM did show why this is necessary.

The project was to shoot a newly renovated swim and tennis club for the architect. We arrived about 5:20 AM the building and premises was supposed to be ready with all junk trash removed, parking lot watered down. The client wanted photos without any people..........well club members were arriving even before we got there. There are construction materials, large orange vehicular barriers, manufacturers stickers on the windows, etc. The maintenance guy hadn't watered down the parking lot or opened all the rooms and had a devil of a time finding the right key for every door.

We sat and watched as the light deteriorated. :cry The outside will need to be re-shot.

Here are two I took. Not quite what I want but I think getting there.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    edited June 10, 2010
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Not quite what I want but I think getting there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30644&stc=1&d=1276207065
    My reaction is that the two trees on the traffic island and the stakes supporting them tend to obscure the building, but perhaps that's what your client wants.

However, is there a view from further round to the left that places the left of the two trees between you and the right side wall of the building? The impressive rooflines and frontage of the building might still be featured (maybe better so?) but, as I haven't been there, I don't know any downsides from a different shooting angle! mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2010
    Webster,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate others thoughts. The trees are there, while I can look at other angles next time, I don't think they would like having the trees removed. :D

I am looking at this image more like a Polaroid or proof of concept image. It is providing me with the overall look and feel I want but not there yet. The client needs to have the facilities better prepared for photography next time. Whch will allow us more latitude with angles.

Sam