Lightroom 3 "Folders"

BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited June 11, 2010 in Finishing School
I ponied up the cash for my LR3 upgrade. Quick question.

I sort my photos in folders (e.g. TRAVEL/FRENCH POLYNESIA/2007-08-27 or EVENTS/WEDDINGS/2009-12-15).

In Lightroom 2.5, each of the folders listed how many photos are within it, INCLUDING subfolders. So if I had two subfolders within Travel, each containing 6 photos, TRAVEL would should 12.

Now, unless there is a photo in the folder directly, it shows as 0. Since I have subdirectories in each major category, my TRAVEL, SCENES, EVENTS, AUTOMOTIVE, etc. folders all list 0.

It's not really an problem (though it scared me at first), but is this a setting anyone is aware of?

THanks,
MB

Comments

• Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    I converted to LR3 about 48 hours ago. All my folders and sub folders are counting files correctly, unlike what you are experiencing. I did experience this in 2.7 for one of my category folders. I don't think this is a Version related issue. I wish I could remember how I corrected it.
  • brianbbrianb Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    On the Folders panel label (it should be right above the top line in your screenshot, it’s the part that's still visible if you collapse the Folders panel), there should be a + with a little down arrow by it on the right edge. Click that, there is an option for "Show Photos in Subfolders", is that checked for you? Based on what you're showing, I'd bet its not selected.
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    ^^
    no
    i have selected it
    only the photo's in library are shown
    you must add them first
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Assuming LR3 works like LR2, simply right click on the folder in question, then choose "synchronize folder". LR will scan the folder and import any missing images.
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    cmason you are correct , that works
  • BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    brianb wrote: »
    On the Folders panel label (it should be right above the top line in your screenshot, it’s the part that's still visible if you collapse the Folders panel), there should be a + with a little down arrow by it on the right edge. Click that, there is an option for "Show Photos in Subfolders", is that checked for you? Based on what you're showing, I'd bet its not selected.

Bingo. Thanks so much.