Cut off heads are "artsy"

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited June 11, 2010 in People
Digital pft, digitizing film counts right?

Last year (or was it two years ago?) I loved cutting heads and body parts for fun, and as you can see - I still do! But just with film, coz it's more expensive and makes less sense to hip shoot that way :huh:huh:huh Which is why I got the 35mm backing, so instead of leaking $$$ profusely with 120 film, I'm only leaking slowly and will have many more years to go before I have to resort to selling a kidney to help fund this crazy obsession.

897417965_a2NKe-M.jpg

819737939_2F4J2-M.jpg

897417984_hzn5C-M.jpg

819737911_Nk4gJ-M.jpg

819737968_tHres-M.jpg

Anyway, these were shot with my Diana camera during a toy camera workshop here in Houston. We took a photo walk down Westheimer, a busy street full of eclectic stores. I love my film Diana - it gives me a break from shooting with a digital camera, and helps get the creative juices flowing.

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I REALLY like that first one....thumb.gif

I have been playing with film recently myself....

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=169711

...and something about my new...old.....camera....

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=166392

...and if you dare...theres a bit more still on my blogmwink.gif
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    HA! Thad's wad I'm tookin' aboot.
    For me, 3 is the gem.

No guts. No glory!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I know a young gal that is spreading her wings as a professional, I like checking out what she is doing, doing a silent critique. The ONE shot I feel she needs to dump from her online exposure is just a baby forehead and hair ( top of head) on the bottom 1/4 or 1/3 of the image. Nothing else in background, not even a bow in the hair. I just cannot see anyone justify that as artsy, well except that it is in B&W, lol.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700