Watermark

nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited June 13, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I hope I have posted this in the right spot. I am looking at getting a graphics designer to create my watermark for me. I use Aperture on a MAC, so I can't create my own w/o buying another program or whatever. I already know what my design is (I have it drawn on paper) I just need them to make it for me and put it on a cd so I can use via smugmug to protect my photos. Anyhow, what questions should I be asking this graphic designer? Are there set specifications that the watermark should be saved as? Designed as? I want to make sure it is done right so it works with smugmug and Aperture if I save a few pics onto Facebook.

Thanks in advance,

Nightspidy :)
Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I assume it will have some form of transparency in it, so it should be saved as a PNG file thumb.gif

On another not, can you post (a photo of) what you have? there may be someone on this forum who can just put it together for you?
  • nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Thank you....
    ivar wrote: »
    I assume it will have some form of transparency in it, so it should be saved as a PNG file thumb.gif

On another not, can you post (a photo of) what you have? there may be someone on this forum who can just put it together for you?

Thanks for the info. I am not able to post what I want as the person I am having create my watermark had a better one than I had! mwink.gif I have asked her to make me one in black and one in white. With that being said, can I adjust transparency on smugmug, or should I be asking her to make me some transparent ones too? I would like to have a few watermark styles - lightly transparent, one fully black, one fully white, etc.
    Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink