edited June 11, 2010
    I just love the last shot.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I love number 2 and 3 thumb.gif The sky could use a bit of work on both though - maybe increase the contrast a little for the two shots and bring out the highlights a little more.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    I like #3 - particularly the color and composition of the rolling green hills, and agree that the sky needs some work. Perhaps just darkening the sky to bring out the detail of the clouds would be good. #1 also shows some promise. It is exposed well, and I tend to like that velvety look of water in the longer exposures. I am interested in seeing what a tighter crop would look like, however, focusing a little bit more on the central waterfall and nixing the bottom right walkway edge.
  • JaynusJaynus Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Thanks guys. It's a shame it was so overcast but I'll definitely work on the sky. :)
    I'm a Nikon girl. :D
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Jaynus wrote: »
    Thanks guys. It's a shame it was so overcast but I'll definitely work on the sky. :)

I like these shots :D I do want to point out though that overcast and/or rainy are your absolute best conditions for shooting waterfalls. This is because overcast skies help limit the range of available light to something your camera can capture easily. You just can't include the sky mwink.gif Don't be afraid to get in close.

The third shot is really nice and including a little less sky in exchange for more land would have probably made it slightly more effective.

You definitely are developing your eye for landscapes -- look forward to seeing more.

Karl
  • psralphpsralph Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    I agree with Karl on the waterfall. maybe you can Crop the waterfall where you eliminate the sky (pano?).
  • JaynusJaynus Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    psralph wrote: »
    I agree with Karl on the waterfall. maybe you can Crop the waterfall where you eliminate the sky (pano?).

Thanks Karl and Ralph. I did actually take a few of the waterfall, here's another uncropped one without the sky. Unfortunately, a raindrop hit my lens just as I took it which spoils it totally for me.

4691785342_a69a03a8a6_b.jpg
    I'm a Nikon girl. :D