Options

I need help!

savingripplessavingripples Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 14, 2010 in Technique
I don't know how to remove the sun flare from the guy's face! I don't have PS - I typically work with Digital Image Pro. I know, I know -- I'll be getting PS soon but for now I don't know how to fix this. I've seen on the forum where people with more experience will take pictures and work their magic on them. I'm wondering if someone will help me out. :help

The mother (& grandmother) of the group wants a 20x30ish of this family shot and I'm afraid that on a print that big every flaw will show.

Here is the original & untouched -- I don't know how I missed the guy sitting in the background! AND it's not as crisp as I like my pictures.

This is another (untouched) with the sun flare in a different spot but I don't think it is sharper than the first one.

This particular picture is the whole reason the group got together and I don't want to let these go as they are. I've very disappointed they were not better! :bluduh AND retaking them is not an option.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited June 12, 2010
    Suggestions would be welcomed too!

Thanks!
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Why don't you just take the head and torso from picture #2 and replace it over picture #1? I just tried it quickly and it should work, you'll need to finesse it a little to get it exact, but that might be the easiest solution.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,903 moderator
    edited June 12, 2010
    Here is a "start" on what I recommend that you do:

898724522_j7vUX-O.jpg

This is a composite using the face of the second image, lightened and color corrected to fairly closely match the color tones of the first image, after the first was color corrected to get the faces close to "normal" skin tone values. The shirt was selectively color corrected as was the neck. A slight cloning of the background around the head needed to be done as his head moved slightly from first shot to second shot and the first shot is slightly wider.

The white-ish woodwork to the camera left of the replaced head was painted back to fairly normal using the clone tool and sampling surrounding values. I did not touch the stuff to the camera right of the replaced head but a similar cloning technique should work.

To do this correctly and convincingly for a 20" x 30" you are looking at several hours of work, but I have confidance in you. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2010
    Thank you SO much! I better get busy!