Shark Fin Cove/Panther Beach

PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited June 14, 2010 in Landscapes
Here are a couple from a recent outing that I thought I'd run past the group here.

I would really appreciate any feedback, good or bad so I can learn for the next time around.

Thanks so much,

Mike,

4648563953_da61cb678f_b.jpg

4691964943_1ab59a3765_b.jpg
flickr
I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!

Comments

• PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Are these that bad?

headscratch.gif :uhoh

Mike
    flickr
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    no, it's just busy in here. I've started threads without receiving a single reply.
    anyway, on the whole I prefer the second one because it's composed for my benefit as a viewer...it is a strong subject that just gets overwhelmed by the foreground in the first one. At least to my eyes. Looks like a great location though, with lots of possibilities.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Are these that bad?

headscratch.gif :uhoh

Mike

Not at all... I think weekends are just a tough time to get comments, all the landscapers are out with their cameras (especially in the summer).

I really like the first one, but I think it could use a little more refining. The reflection of the cliff in the puddle looks brighter than the actual cliff itself. For a more natural look, the reflection should be darker than the cliff. And maybe a little darkening of the foreground in general is order, but that may just be personal taste.

Love the motion of the water in the second! Nice work on both! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Wicked & Chris,

Thank you very much for the comments and suggestions. I was using an ND grad on the first and didn't give much thought to the reflection, but that's an excellent point. I'll try to darken it to see how it looks.

Thanks again,

Mike
    flickr