With an old macro lens that goes to 1:1

CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 18, 2010 in Holy Macro
Shots with an old MF macro lens which goes to 1:1 without any extention tubes etc., The lens has good bokeh and sharp too

I feel rather shy to post the pics with such lens when I see people using some very fancy modern expensive AF lenses

With Vivitar 55/2.8

All handheld

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg
CCROY

Comments

• basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    its not what you can effort to buy that counts , but what you can do with it
    me , i like them all
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    CCROY,

Welcome to the site.

I agree with the previous comment. What distinguishes the top people here is their expertise, not their equipment. If you look, you will see that some of the top people use equipment less expensive than mine, but my work does not come close to theirs in quality.

Many of us don't use AF much for macro work anyway. A common technique is to focus the lens manually and then move the camera.

I don't think people should apologize here for not being as expert as the best on the site. Almost none of us is even nearly as good as people like Brian and Phil, and if we did not post, we would not get helpful suggestions and critiques. So post away, and enjoy.

Dan
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited June 13, 2010
    welcome to the forum,
    we all learn from comments, so just post as many shots as you can .
    ask questions anytime

really like the light in second frame :D.
    phil
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Lovely shots- Lens works fine !

Brian V.
  • CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    paddler4 wrote: »
    CCROY,

Welcome to the site.

I agree with the previous comment. What distinguishes the top people here is their expertise, not their equipment. If you look, you will see that some of the top people use equipment less expensive than mine, but my work does not come close to theirs in quality.

Many of us don't use AF much for macro work anyway. A common technique is to focus the lens manually and then move the camera.

I don't think people should apologize here for not being as expert as the best on the site. Almost none of us is even nearly as good as people like Brian and Phil, and if we did not post, we would not get helpful suggestions and critiques. So post away, and enjoy.

Dan

Dan thanks for looking and your comments. The learing is continuous and it is really a great opportunity to learn from the pictures posted in this forum and improve upon the technique
    CCROY