Caught my wife screwing around!

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in People
900093950_xVnei-L.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    .........Good Catch.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    I'll pass on the obvious off-color jokes and just say that it's a very nice shot of a very lovely woman (and a useful one too -- not only does she want you to upgrade your camera, but she works with power tools! No off-color jokes about that either). If I recall correctly, you've said before that she's in her mid-30's? She looks at least ten years younger than that.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    My heart be still........a beautiful woman who knows how to use power tools.
    iloveyou.gif

Sam
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Great shot! Lighting is nice and she looks relaxed/natural.

But since you're clearly aiming this pic at the DIY folks on the forum, in terms of styling, I'd go with knee pads over what looks like a gardening mat mwink.gif A stylish pair of safety glasses would also be a nice. It's a very nice image as-is ... just mentioning these ideas in case you're trying for a little more polished look. A wide angle shot from low as she's drilling could be cool too.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Ha... thanks for the comments guys. This was a total impromptu shot I took of her for our remodel journal. She was busy screwing down the subfloor in the new walk-in closet while I was tiling in the adjacent bathroom. I grabbed the camera right quick, cranked up the ISO so I can shoot with available light and crouched at the door. I then called to her and fired as she looked up. It's a little soft on the eyes. Not sure if that's due to the higher ISO or because I miss focused. No matter, I really like the shot.

BTW, she was on a gardening mat. I bought her some nice knee pads but she preferred the mat. She really is a trooper. We've been remodeling our mater suite since mid Feb. Totally tear down to the studs. Moved the bathroom walls so I could give her the walk-in closet she wanted. We've done all the work ourselves, from moving drains and running new water supplies to the electrical and framing to drywall and now tiling and hardwood. She does what she can, like put down the 100+ pounds of screws in the layers of subfloor. She is also an awesome painter. She cuts in like the pros... no taping needed. Best of all, she doesn't nag me like my neighbors wife does... she's very supportive.

My Smug Site
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Makes me want to run right out and buy deWalt tools!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Nice job!

Can see it's real by the fact the drill chuck is rotating! thumb.gif

…but, although it's good to see her using protective gloves, she really ought to be wearing eye protection !!! eek7.gif

…although if she were, we wouldn't be able to see those beautiful eyes! rolleyes1.gif

Nice grab!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Caught my wife screwing around!
    Eye protection for driving screws? Ah come on guys...
  • Amy EnyartAmy Enyart Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2010
    Nice! You could restage this with a few refinements and give it the pin-up treatment!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Amy Enyart wrote: »
    Nice! You could restage this with a few refinements and give it the pin-up treatment!

Hmmm... I like that idea. Let's see if she does.

My Smug Site