When do you rebrand?

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been in business for over a year and have had a very successful start. Now that I am more established, I am considering rebranding myself this summer to better reflect my business. I would still keep the same name, but just change my logo, website look, and everything else. I'm feeling that my current look is very amateur and does not lend itself to the style that I am going for.

Have you ever done a rebranding? If so, what is your advice? When is a good (or bad) time to do it?

Thanks for your advice. I know it is a big deal, so I want to make sure I do it right.
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Your website and branding look fine to me. Certainly more feminine (but not excessively so), but professional. What were you looking to change to?
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    termina3 wrote: »
    Your website and branding look fine to me. Certainly more feminine (but not excessively so), but professional. What were you looking to change to?

I was thinking of something more clean, less girly, and more streamlined.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    I would think you should rebrand in your slow season just to make it easy on yourself/so you have some time to get it right. Make sure you get all things at once (logo/website/businesscards/etc...)

If you have an idea of another branding that you think suits you better, get it done soon. My opinion is that you want to present yourself as you see it.
  • ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    ivar wrote: »
    I would think you should rebrand in your slow season just to make it easy on yourself/so you have some time to get it right. Make sure you get all things at once (logo/website/businesscards/etc...)

If you have an idea of another branding that you think suits you better, get it done soon. My opinion is that you want to present yourself as you see it.

Thanks, Ivar. I'm also a teacher, so the easiest time for me to do it, and do it right, is during the summer. I'm also in agreement that I need to present myself how I see myself, which is why I'm thinking of changing.