Options

Personal Delivery Suggestions...

Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
edited June 19, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
So, I post this over on the uservoice section for smugmug. You can visit the post at: http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/828153-personal-delivery-option-for-customers.

Here is my suggestion...it's a three-part-er.

Part 1: Allowing the customer to choose the personal deliver option or not. However they will see it as, "Would you like a personally autographed copy of your photo(s)?" They can check yes or no. If they check yes, then the order is sent to the artist and they can sign the photos. Then send them back out to the end customer. If they check no, then the order just ships straight to the customer.

Part 2: The photographer can set their own price for the "autographed" version of the photo. It can be per print, or per order... This cost could also help with the shipping costs from the photographer to the customer, if part 3 doesn't get approved.

Part 3: SmugMug (or BayPhoto) can calculate the extra shipping cost from photographer to customer, include that in the shipping cost that the customer pays (or take it from the cost that the photographer sets for the autographed option (which then the price set for the autographed option would take that into account)) and provides a pre-paid shipping label with the from address of the photographer and to the end customer.

The personal deliver option is great, however I've never had issues with packaging or printing offered by BayPhoto or EZprints for that matter. So sending to me for proofing really isn't an issue. With the option now for banding and such, there is no need to send it to me so I can brand it myself now. The only thing I would use the personal delivery option for is to sign fine art prints. Obviously this wouldn't be used on an event like weddings, or a senior portrait shoot, but for fine art prints, I think this would be an amazing option. The photographer could set which galleries get the personal delivery option (which could be art galleries or client galleries) and then as a sub category, decide weather it gets the personally autographed option. This way, photographers could still turn on personal delivery without the customer seeing the autograph option or having to pay extra for it if it is a client photo.

I think all this makes sense. Input is always appreciated. And if you like the idea, go vote for it! I think many photographers would like this option!

Also, there is a similar post but only has the included shipping label, that is where I got that idea from, and I did my separately. I think the combination of both ideas would create an awesome one. So here is the link for that, vote for both...

http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/746426-allow-the-artist-to-sign-prints

Thanks everyone...

-Bryce

Comments