Late Evening Light/Great Plains

TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited June 28, 2010 in Landscapes
Unfortunately, I missed the best light last night due to a meeting - by the time I got out of town to the place I wanted to shoot, I'd missed any chance of shadows/contrast against this pasture I'd been scouting.

As a result, I decided to experiment around a bit. For this shot I used two Cokin graduated ND panels staggered to create three blended zones. The light across the grass was flat to the eye - while not overly happy with the composition, I am looking forward to experimenting a little more with this idea.

C&C welcomed, encouraged and appreciated.

901594045_QfY4Y-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Nice to see more great prairie shots from you! The sky is lovely in this shot. Looks like you caught the best part, even if you were detained for the first bit. :D
  • TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Nice to see more great prairie shots from you! The sky is lovely in this shot. Looks like you caught the best part, even if you were detained for the first bit. :D

Thanks!

Here is another of the same spot from the other night - caught it when there was still light left. I need to get some better quality ND panels, I think. Not real happy with the ones I've got.

913587807_VQv2J-XL.jpg