Woodland

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited June 17, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Took the opportunity of a visit to some local woods to try to emulate the processing style of Dwayne Oakes.
I still have some way to go I think, though #5 probably is closest.

C&C always appreciated

902236957_H2LEh-L-1.jpg

902239987_TKgX9-L-1.jpg

902244033_ixZwH-L-1.jpg

902231745_sbhD7-L-1.jpg

900951610_nN7tW-L-1.jpg

902286716_GYcoL-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    Good work overall thumb.gif. I particularly like the scene in # 1. # 5 certainly looks like Dwayne's style.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    Good work overall thumb.gif. I particularly like the scene in # 1. # 5 certainly looks like Dwayne's style.

Tom
    Thanks Tom.
    #5 was one of my attempts to consciously get closer to Dwayne's style while the others were my attempt to do something "in the style of" but with more saturation than Dwayne tends to use.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    I love Dwaynes work and #5 looks close to it.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I love Dwaynes work and #5 looks close to it.
    Dwayne's work has grown on me, I prefer slightly more saturation than Dwayne typically uses but woods / forests do lend themselves to his look.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page