Another Headshot

fullofpaintfullofpaint Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in People
Jeez it seems this is all I ever post haha. A quick off the cuff couple headshots for a friend, I'd love some C&C because I never like my headshot photos.

902668152_zkDce-XL.jpg
902667427_F4spw-L.jpg

This is the final cropped version we used:
902665879_srvHW-L.jpg
Canon 5DMk2, Canon 40D
16-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-105 4.0L
www.timkerigan.com

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Main thing I'm noticing is a marked red cast - it almost seems that there was some red light in there somewhere, or maybe you bounced off the dark wood? Not sure, but it almost glows....

I actually prefer the uncropped version - the line down the neck is good. I always have to remember to shoot wider for 8x10 too - my tendency to crop in camera seriously bites me in the behind sometimes!!!

Other than that, it's fine - nice sparkling eyes and a pleasing expression. If you do any more of these you may want to get the girls to beef up the makeup a little bit - this looks no natural to the point of "no makeup at all".

PS what happens if instead of cropping #2 straight you tilt it right a bit and then crop in so there's nothing at all to the right/above her hair, and it's cropped right into that, with the neckline on the bottom left running right into the lower left corner? Just a thought.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    On the first one she has racoon eyes......you main is too hight causing that. Also subject placement is too vertical and that equals stagnent. Get some diagonal lines going for a more dramatic effect.
  • fullofpaintfullofpaint Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    You hit the nail on the head haha, it was wicked overcast that day so we shot it in my basement which has that really dark wood, it was actually even redder, the hair in the final picture shows what it was like originally., I should've done a white balance before I started but I wasn't thinking. And ya that is pretty much no makeup, just mascara and eyeliner I think, then some healing brush in photoshop. But that's how she wanted it.

Unfortunatly, #2 isn't cropped :/ I though the same thing when I was editing the photos later..oh well
    Canon 5DMk2, Canon 40D
    16-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-105 4.0L
    www.timkerigan.com