See you later...

Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in People
As many of you know my husband is in the Army and we never say goodbye. We say see you later. Our good friends and neighbors left today for his next assignment. We went out to the beach on Fort Monroe (where I live) this weekend and as we were leaving I grabbed my camera for this shot. It's not the best composition but it speaks volumes to me. We will be moving in a week and I am leaving behind some wonderful friends and a beautiful Army Installation that will also be going away in a year. It's all very bittersweet.

902684464_FNWaW-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Welcome to Texas.... Are you coming to Fort Hood?
    It is a really great capture of the moment and emotion of the time.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Growing up in the AF I know exactly what you mean but from a kid's perspective. The world can be a smaller place than we can imagine at times, some of these folks can cross our paths again. The photo seems to fit the occasion perfectly. Good Luck in your next home, the people there will be mighty happy to get a neighbor like you !
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Welcome to Texas.... Are you coming to Fort Hood?
    It is a really great capture of the moment and emotion of the time.

Thanks. My DH has been at Hood since Mid March and we will be heading out in 10 days. We are originally from South Texas so it's nice to go home. Even if it is for only couple of years.

VayCayMom wrote:
    Growing up in the AF I know exactly what you mean but from a kid's perspective. The world can be a smaller place than we can imagine at times, some of these folks can cross our paths again. The photo seems to fit the occasion perfectly. Good Luck in your next home, the people there will be mighty happy to get a neighbor like you !

The military seems to get smaller and smaller so the odds of running into friends is pretty good. We have been very lucky to get to live on such a historic post and are very sad to see it handed over to the City in a year.
    Thanks for the compliment. I hope to get settled into our new home as quickly as possible so I can get out and about with my camera.