Watermark Software

larsonphotographylarsonphotography Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 17, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Done

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited June 16, 2010
    You can use photoshop if you have it. If not you can use gimp (free, at http://www.gimp.org). Tutorial at Create Transparent Watermarks in Photoshop.

--- Denise
  • engrmarianoengrmariano Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    photoshop is the easiest imho...

check my transparent watermark.
    4670658683_30c654f377.jpg
    5D II + BG- E6 • 550D
    18-55 IS • 15 2.8 Fisheye • 24-70 2.8L • 50 1.8 II • 70-200 2.8L IS • 100 2.8L Macro IS • Kenko 1.4X & 2X
    580EX II • 270EX
  • photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    If you're on Windows and don't have Ps, and don't like Gimp, try Paint.NET: http://www.getpaint.net/

It has enough features to create a good watermark. :-)
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited June 17, 2010
    As the other have mentioned, PhotoShop will do this, but also don't pass up the more economical PhotoShop Elements or even PaintShop Pro. Any image package that can create a transparent 16-bit .PNG file will do. If you are a Smugmug Pro customer, you can easily apply the watermark you create to any number of pictures in your galleries all at once.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Watermarks are a whole lot easier to manage in Lightroom 3 than in any version of Photoshop.
  • photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    colourbox wrote: »
    Watermarks are a whole lot easier to manage in Lightroom 3 than in any version of Photoshop.

Agree totally. I love the new Lr3 watermarking feature! :-)

Especially useful for exporting off to other sites that don't natively support watermarking like Smugmug does (where I want the original to be printable without the watermark). Flickr, I'm looking at you!
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List