Watermark creation help

Tom PotterTom Potter Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
edited June 17, 2010 in Finishing School
Hey Guys,

I'm having difficulty creating a watermark. I am wanting one that is at 45 degrees, going the entire
Length of my images, starting at the lower left, and ending at the upper right, with the following
Watermark: © TOM POTTER PHOTOGRAPHY

I want to use this watermark, like most of us SmugMuggers do, I suspect, to upload to my site,
Make into a watermark, and watermark my images on SmugMug, after they have already been
Uploaded to the site. I do NOT have Photoshop. I DO have PAINT and GIMP. However, I have had
A bit of difficulty with both.

I have two pleads for help. Can someone please give some clear assistance on how to use PAINT to
Create this watermark (PAINT seems simpler than GIMP - but, perhaps you can convince me otherwise).
If you can help me using GIMP, that would be welcome too.

My second plea is my easier way out. That is, to ask if anyone is willing to create this watermark for me and
Email it to me?

Any and all help is VERY much appreciated.

Thank You...Tom Potter

www.tompotterphotography.com
I
Tom Potter
www.tompotterphotography.com
Email: tom@tompotterphotography.com
Landscape, Nature Photographic Prints For Sale
Focusing On Colorado

Comments

• photokandyphotokandy Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Have you tried Paint.NET? It's way simpler than GIMP for this kind of task, and far better than Paint. http://www.getpaint.net

That said, what aspect are your images? If you're going the diagonal route that fills the entire image, you'll need different watermarks for portrait vs. landscape vs. square, etc.

Also, what kind of font are you looking at? Thick? Thin? Serif? Sans-Serif?
    ~ Kerri, photoKandy Studios ( Facebook | Twitter )

Need customization services? View our packages or see our templates.

Note: I won't be offended if you edit my photo and repost it on dgrin -- I'm always open to new interpretations
    and ideas, and any helpful hints, tips, and/or critiques are welcome. Just don't post the edit anywhere else
    but dgrin, please.

My Gear List