Me Again

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited June 20, 2010 in People
A couple self portraits, since I was the only model available. This was a dry run, so to speak.

901905434_csEAx-L.jpg

901869607_KSfwV-L.jpg

That'll do for now. I'll post again when I do the real shoot.

Caroline

Comments

• telefotoguytelefotoguy Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    you look like ginny weasley :D

good job fitting yourself inside the frame considering you are also the photographer. haha
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Love the intensity in your eyes and expression in #1, are you sure you're not a pro?
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    You're so adorable, Caroline (and my goodness but you're oldest is looking more like you every day!). Are you prepping for a shoot?

If you were going for a big wash of light (oops, pun not intended) then I think you got that; if you want something more directional, then I think you'll need to figure out how to control it so it doesn't just bounce around off all the light surfaces and give you a very even wash of light. Which were you trying for? FOr that matter, how did you light this? Looks to me like a flash above and to camera right, or do you have something else in there too?
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    I'm preparing for a series with many different models and settings. Yes, I was wanting lots of light in these. I used my umbrella, pretty much right over my camera and a reflector leaning against the toilette to camera left. I plan to use more directional light in some of the shoots. I got a mirror to use as a prop, so I set that up right behind the camera. It helped A LOT with the framing.

Diva, I should have some new pics to post of my tall daughter soon. She's playing Titania in Midsummer tonight!

Thanks for feedback, everyone. I'm open to more.

Caroline
  • fireguy.edfireguy.ed Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Really like the first one! #2 is nice, but the eyes in #1 make it. It's like you could look 100 miles deep into them....
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    I love the expression from the first one. Your position in the tub doesn't look natural, but overall I like it. The second one, I love your leg position and your overall look. Your arms seem a bit contorted though. Your far arm seems very small compared to the exposed shoulder. Not sure how to best solve it, or even if it needs to be solved.

Overall looks nice!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    The first is lovely. The leading lines of the tiles draws me right into your face.
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Love # 1. Position, facial expression and great eyes!