Rainy days

BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited August 22, 2005 in People
It rained all day on Saturday.
I thought it was time to get some rainy days pictures.
I don't get much but wet.

Mostly it was drab.
32891007-L.jpg

You got to love the pink.
32891010-L.jpg

There is always one ...
32891009-L.jpg

Brian
"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
- W. Somerset Maugham

Comments

• geraldfinnegangeraldfinnegan Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    Re: Rain
    Nice shots; i like the idea of taking photos of the type of scene - bad weather etc. - that people usually leave out. Rain makes great light-
    best
    jerry
    www.finnegan.smugmug.com
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    I love the color of the signs and the hustle and bustle of all those people walking in the rain.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    I like this first one because of the signs and hustle and bussle as mentioned above. But also because the traffic is going in two different directions. I just wish the people on the left were closer to the camera. But that doesn't really matter. You should keep ths one though its nice and shows the culture of the rain! All the different umbrellas!
    Ashley
    32891007-L.jpg
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Necessity is the mother of invention
    Nice shots; i like the idea of taking photos of the type of scene - bad weather etc. - that people usually leave out. Rain makes great light-
    best
    jerry
    Jerry,

Having a one year old daughter means I don't have that much free time to take photographs. It has helped me to try things I would not have thought of.

Brian
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
    - W. Somerset Maugham
    edited August 22, 2005
    Maestro wrote:
    I love the color of the signs and the hustle and bustle of all those people walking in the rain.
    Thanks for your comments. The irony is that because it was raining so hard there were a lot less people than usual. On a normal day there is no space to take a photograph.

Brian
    - W. Somerset Maugham
    edited August 22, 2005
    Thanks for stopping by.
    I like this first one because of the signs and hustle and bussle as mentioned above. But also because the traffic is going in two different directions. I just wish the people on the left were closer to the camera. But that doesn't really matter. You should keep ths one though its nice and shows the culture of the rain! All the different umbrellas!
    Ashley
    32891007-L.jpg
    Ashley, thanks for your comments.
    I see what you mean about the space at the bottom. I was a little pre-occupied making sure that my umbrela was covering my camera to think too much about composition.

Brian
    - W. Somerset Maugham