Next Full Frame Canon?

JoshFJoshF Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited June 20, 2010 in Cameras
Hi All,

I'm using the 7D and love it. My only issue is that sometimes the 1.6x crop does not allow me to get the shots I want. I am considering a full frame and will go Canon to match the nice glass I've been acquiring. Should I go with a current model or is there a new full frame in the cards in the future?

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    If your only issue is the cropping, then all you need is a wider-angle lens, not a new camera. The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5 ought to be wide enough, but if not, Sigma is just now coming out with an 8-16mm zoom that should be as wide as any lens for full-frame cameras.

If you really want a full-frame camera, though, the 5D Mark II is a great choice. There are rumors of a 5D Mark III, but only rumors so far, and a new model might not materialize until next year -- and will probably be more expensive than the Mark II.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    you can keep an eye on www.canonrumors.com for leaks and speculation. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything substantive, although recently the possibility of a 3d seems to have been repeated a few times. That doesn't make it true, of course ;rofl
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    JoshF wrote: »
    I'm using the 7D and love it. My only issue is that sometimes the 1.6x crop does not allow me to get the shots I want.
    what about the 1.6 is it that doesn't allow you to get the shot? Is it that you can't go wide enough? In that case, I'm with craig, why not look at different glass in stead of a camera?