naomi-popbottle-500x583.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Anyone have any advice on these? It's hard to plan ahead for shots like this. Laughing.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Jenn,

IMHO these don't really convey innocence. They are more "cute snapshots".

It is hard to set up a shot with kids. Keep your camera handy. :D you just never know when it will happen. It may be a certain look in her eye or something completely different.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    dnie wrote: »
    Jenn,

IMHO these don't really convey innocence. They are more "cute snapshots".

It is hard to set up a shot with kids. Keep your camera handy. :D you just never know when it will happen. It may be a certain look in her eye or something completely different.

Babies and animals don't convey innocence? dang ...
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Jenn wrote: »
    Babies and animals don't convey innocence? dang ...

Laughing.gif, It's not just the baby or animal, it is the whole attitude. I have seen plenty of animals and kids that didn't look one bit innocent.mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Laughing.gif, It's not just the baby or animal, it is the whole attitude. I have seen plenty of animals and kids that didn't look one bit innocent.mwink.gif

She looks pretty innocent to me and has a quizzical look on her face too.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    She looks pretty innocent to me and has a quizzical look on her face too.

:) true enough. It is all subjective. What I see someone else may not, I just want to give you my take on it.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    :) true enough. It is all subjective. What I see someone else may not, I just want to give you my take on it.

It's looking like I'm never going to find anything that photographers see as fitting whatever category I'm trying to post to.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    It's looking like I'm never going to find anything that photographers see as fitting whatever category I'm trying to post to.

Like I said, I am one person. Don't take any thing I say as gospel. The only thing that truly counts is if YOU are happy. Once I figured that out things got a lot easier. I always take the suggestions given, decide if I like it or not, and quite often it is not, and either use it or don't. If I think my pic is great like it is, I leave it like it is.
    Speaking of which it has been awhile since I have done one. I think I need to get to work on this one.
    But for now, off to work for me, the house won't clean itself.

Have a good day Jenn.
  • Options
    me_minihahame_minihaha Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Heres my 2 cents and believe me its only worth 2 cents ahahahahaha! I like the first picture but maybe if it was the first time little Naomi saw the bird. the look in a childs face when they experience new things maybe thats the look of innocents, or maybe a closeup of your cutiepie Naomi watching something or tasting something for the first time or what about little Naomi sitting in a tub filled with flowers? you could use a metal tub and flowers all along the bottom too? or if you are happy with what you've taken leave it as is and maybe play with different technics in photoshop or whatever you like to use? All I know are these challenges are tough but in a good way and all of us are pushed to greater hieghts and learn new things because of it. I am trying to think outside the box more and more and I can thank all the photographers here for that and for that I am greateful. Jenn I'm sooooo glad you are here and I cant wait to see how we blossom daily as artists! I feel like a child taking my first steps and Im excited and scared and sometimes I walk only 2 steps then fall right on my tush! but darn it I have to get back up and keep going.....how else do we learn to walk then run? and sorry I think way to much, you should here me talk!!!hahahahahha
    Victoria
    "It's awesome to be ALIVE!"
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2010
    Heres my 2 cents and believe me its only worth 2 cents ahahahahaha! I like the first picture but maybe if it was the first time little Naomi saw the bird. the look in a childs face when they experience new things maybe thats the look of innocents, or maybe a closeup of your cutiepie Naomi watching something or tasting something for the first time or what about little Naomi sitting in a tub filled with flowers? you could use a metal tub and flowers all along the bottom too? or if you are happy with what you've taken leave it as is and maybe play with different technics in photoshop or whatever you like to use? All I know are these challenges are tough but in a good way and all of us are pushed to greater hieghts and learn new things because of it. I am trying to think outside the box more and more and I can thank all the photographers here for that and for that I am greateful. Jenn I'm sooooo glad you are here and I cant wait to see how we blossom daily as artists! I feel like a child taking my first steps and Im excited and scared and sometimes I walk only 2 steps then fall right on my tush! but darn it I have to get back up and keep going.....how else do we learn to walk then run? and sorry I think way to much, you should here me talk!!!hahahahahha

They live out of state and aren't here now. I'll have to find something else that says innocence or knowledge.
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)