Options

WTH 2nd shooter NJ/PA

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited February 6, 2011 in For Hire
This isn't for, possibly, for this years weddings at least at the moment. But I am looking to pick up some 2nd shooters for some possible weddings later. I put up a thread before, but, here we go! :rofl I will have need maybe at the end of this year but definitely next year.

Pay is based on experience. Need to have your own car, equipment, etc.

PM about yourself, your portfolio. Shooting style should be similar to my own! Thanks!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    This isn't for, possibly, for this years weddings at least at the moment. But I am looking to pick up some 2nd shooters for some possible weddings later. I put up a thread before, but, here we go! rolleyes1.gif I will have need maybe at the end of this year but definitely next year.

Pay is based on experience. Need to have your own car, equipment, etc.

PM about yourself, your portfolio. Shooting style should be similar to my own! Thanks!

Hi there Moogle Pepper,
    I live in NYC so Jersey is not a big deal for me. Let me just say I've never shot a wedding--if you are still reading here goes.

This is what I do--I love PJ/street photograhy, I pretty much live on that forum and that's what I'm interested in capturing and what I feel comfortable capturing.
    Here is the best gallery to try and show you what I mean (these are photos of my family, my little slices of life)
    http://lizzardnyc.smugmug.com/Other/Slices-of-Life/12512144_zmy5v#897398064_xzcme

and these are my street photos of nyc.
    http://lizzardnyc.smugmug.com/Other/Street-2010/10960859_betpW#765899861_nScnN

I know it's a stretch, but it doesnt' hurt to try. I'd also be interested in third shooting/assistant/waterboy if there is such a thing--gotta start somewhere.

I have an Olympus E620 which I love and I'm in the process of upgrading my glass. I know that Olys are looked down on, but I do so love it:)

Take care,
    Liz A.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    Another wedding n00b checking in!
    Hey MP!

I know we've chatted before about both being in the NJ area, and for now I hope to be staying here at least for a little while. As with lizzard_nyc above, I've never shot a wedding before, but I've attended a bunch and watched the photographer, trying to pick up some ideas, etc.

I would love to come on as a true assistant / waterboy / etc. before taking on second shooting, but with some coaching as to what you wanted me to do, I could handle second shooting if you're in a pinch. I take direction well and am comfortable enough with the equipment to be able to focus on getting the shot, not worrying about settings, etc.

Speaking of equipment, I'm still shooting Nikon, a D90 now, with Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 and 17-55 f/2.8, and a lovely Nikon 50 f/1.8. Also rocking an SB-600, although that's probably a bit underpowered for wedding work.

Since you're close by, I thought if there was ever a chance to 2nd shoot, this would be it, although I'd understand if you're looking for a more experienced 2nd shooter. If nothing else, hopefully I can tag along and get experience as an assistant!

Thanks,
    ~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    Whoa.. the interest is scaring me. :) Thanks! I'll keep you guys, and the people who PM'd, in mind!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    JustinThymeJustinThyme Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Ted, If you need a hand short notice let me know. You know my style and my gear and have my number.

1D MKIV
    5DII
    50D
    400 2.8L
    300 2.8L
    200 f2L
    85L II
    35L
    70-200 2.8L II
    24-70L
    24-105L
    1.4TC