A Couple from Last Sunday.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited June 22, 2010 in People
A couple of phots, I mean. Tanna is the model.

906561404_32E6r-XL.jpg

906561478_Du54P-XL.jpg

906561512_RMeHp-XL.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• fireguy.edfireguy.ed Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    I really like #2. I wonder if a straight-face would make it more "period" going with the PP?
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Very nice!

#1: looks very period, and what a gorgeous woman! Lovely pose! I love the lighting and the modeling of her face, arms and shoulders! Nice!

#2: too divided - and focus not too good! (IMNSHO ne_nau.gif)

#3: wow, her expression is totally different! Looks like she's just opening/closing her eyes (almost a squint eek7.gif); it would have been nice if you could have captured the same expression as that in #1; I like the juxtaposition of the shapes of her hat and the lamp (could have made more of it by tighter cropping, perhaps?)

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Thank you, Ed. I agree. I don't know why I only took three frames; this was the second. I should have taken many more, trying different expressions. I also should have used a tripod. Thank you for catching on to the period. Her clothes are, indeed, vintage; being from the early '60s.

Thank you, Wil. For the first one: She and I liked this one even in the back of the camera.

Second one: I like the divide, but I wish it was sharper, too. I'm not yet sure if the blur is from focus or movement, as her mouth is fairly sharp. Her eyes are blurred from the fabric of the hat. I was thinking about shooting horizontally, but didn't. I don't know why I didn't. That being said, I liked it, anyway, and decided to try a Lillian Bassman blurred-style photo.

As for the third, I hadn't even thought about this one until just before processing it. She may be squinting a bit from the reflective walkway beneath her, but even when compared to the other two, she isn't squinting much. I'm certain that a few changes can make for even better photos of her next time. That'd include a make-up artist and hairstylist. All-in-all, though, I'm fairly pleased with the results.

She and I liked this one even in the back of the camera.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    1 just makes me DROOL. Man I like that shot!
    2 I seem to skim past.... Not my flavour.
    3 is another I like. Just not as much as the 1st.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Lee,
    Shot #1 is so you--Vintage Lee.
    Perfect capture of old Hollywood style.

Great shot.
    Liz A.
    _________