CH:46 Opposite opinions

SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
edited August 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Early day's I know, but with little time left as we are off on a holiday in 4 days I have to apply the grey matter to this challenge Quite soon.
Came up with this idea, based on the opposites knives & forks. Needs some work and I have a few ideas to implement, but what does anyone think of the direction with the idea?

DSCF2498.jpg

DSCF2506.jpg

DSCF2496.jpg

Comments

• Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    id have gone with fors and spoons personally, but i like your thinking. the second one is more my taste and it gives as better idea of what you e trying to show as opposites
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    id have gone with fors and spoons personally, but i like your thinking. the second one is more my taste and it gives as better idea of what you e trying to show as opposites

Thanks for your feedback. I have edited the original post with updated and entry valid shots. With only very limited time left till holiday I would welcome any feedback from anyone. Good or bad, lay it on... :D

Most of the shots are coming out grainy, lots of noise. I'm hand holding these shots as no tripod. Suspending the knives over the forks (which isn't easy!!) on a dark background with natural lighting. Do you think it detracts from them or do you think it compliments these kind of shots. No matter what I seem to try I get this.
  • dimmdimm Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Perfect shot. I'd choose #2.
  • SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    dimm wrote:
    Perfect shot. I'd choose #2.

Dimm, thank you for your kind comment. Really appreciated.thumb.gif
    Advice taken.
    :D
  • AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    I'm liking #3
    I think it's a great idea for opposites. I'm liking #3. Love the contrast and the fading image sequence. If it was my entry, I would rotate it clockwise 90 degrees making the left edge prominent and drawing the eye down into the right corner; this diagonal movement being the most powerful (for people who read left to right and down). Then, as a bonus, the viewer's eye retraces the path back to the brighter left edge. This is my own feeling about its presentation. I think your image has impact and stands on its own no matter which way it is oriented.
    Allen M.
    Alkhemist
    www.alkhemist.smugmug.com

"Photography is a medium of formidable contradictions. It is ridiculously easy and almost impossibly difficult." Edward Steichen