Musician Shoot

trumpet_guytrumpet_guy Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited June 24, 2010 in People
I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd share a few.
Here are some from a photo shoot for a friend of mine.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Comments

• ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    1. I like the lighting in this photo. Like his expression and the shadow. Like it that he is playing the guitar. The photo seems crooked though to me.

2. I like the lighting, playing of the guitar and the negative space. Don't like the top where there is a black hole. I think I would like to see that cropped out.

3. Not liking this one as much. Don't like the sign included in the photo.

4. Again, the lighting and tone on this photo is good. Don't like the black hole on the top.

5. Would have liked this better if he was engaging with the camera. Don't like the guitar put away in it's case.

6. Like his smile in this one (a little dark in the eyes). Like the guitar better out of it's case.

7. Like the photo and the DOF. Don't like it that the guitar top was cut off. It is the focus of the photo.

8. Like this one just wish he had a bit friendlier expression.
    LadyTX
  • trumpet_guytrumpet_guy Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Thanks very much for the feedback.

Here are a few more from that shoot.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    #4 for the win!!
    LadyTX
  • tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 22, 2010
    Very good shots! Love the texture of the shed! Good work!
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Ooo what a great fence! Love the wide slats! I think these could have been better if he was just another foot away from the fence. One two and three are my Favs!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    some good stuff here..could I suggest a vignette on all the shots with the darker fence as the background? I think it would look great and draw the eyes to the subject more.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    Trumpet Guy, I do believe this is allowed but only if the original poster states that it's ok. So, please don't hesitate in asking me to remove immediately if this is not ok with you! I love the following 2 images, not my reproductions, but the composition of the images themselves. I cropped out the opening in the wall shot, as suggested by a previous poster...as I also feel it's a bit distracting. (would have been really cool to have a person looking down from that window. :D) I simply added some post work and did as Quarik suggested and added a small vignette to both...and a few other adjustments. Musician/Band shots do well (speaking in general and not referring to my post production specifically) with a bit of extra editing tossed in. Again, please don't hesitate to ask me to remove if this in any way is not ok.

4727535818_5c27b5a2c6_b.jpg
  • trumpet_guytrumpet_guy Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Darren,

Edits are welcome. Thanks for giving me some good ideas. I like what you have done with these.
    Truthfully, I don't enjoy post processing, so I haven't spent the time needed to gain much
    post processing skill. Thanks for posting.

Tim