Bridge in Sunset

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited June 22, 2010 in Landscapes
Heres another shot from the other night. My office needs a wide photo so since we like bridges, I went to one of my favorite spots to take photos of a local bridge. Unfortunatly my camera lense was VERY dirty before i left so i had a lot of cleaning to do, even still its evident the lense was dirty. But heres a photo. The clouds were not as I hoped, i like a good cloud coverage so the sun reflects all over. But this might work for what we need, anyway figured id share it anyway. (The red light on the bridge near center isnt my camera, its an actual red light on the bridge, i forgot to touch it up)

4715684361_42b4932944_b.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    This looks like one very cool bridge!

I think the dark and light splotches are a little distracting. I think for a shot like this it's safe to assume that the bridge is going to be in silhouette, which is perfectly fine because it has a very nice shape as-is and the eye doesn't expect to see any detail at all at that range (and especially when backlit with a nice sunset).

I'd also maybe crop off most of the sky since it only starts getting interesting for a third of the way up where it's orange with clouds.

But I do love the angle of the shoreline. Anyway, take everything with a grain of salt! :D
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Thanks for the input i'll give it a try.