Just getting going

SPD_FRKSPD_FRK Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited June 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I have been lurking the forums here for quite some time now, and I have learned a lot just reading and viewing the photos of others. I invested some money last year from an accident settlement into a good camera finally. I spent a little time looking at things for what I wanted and decided on a Nikon D5000 with a couple lenses to start with.

I have recently started picking up more momentum for learning more with this camera and taking more pictures with it to get my skills better as well. I have made it a priority to shoot everything in Manual mode so it really "tests" me to learn. I can honestly say I am excited about taking photos more, and having photos to be proud of as well.

Anyways, enough babble. Here are some of my photos from recently, still learning but I have made some major improvements from first starting with this camera a year ago.

Challenger1.jpg

Challenger2.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Offenhauser.jpg

This is a photo of my own project car, first attempt at night photos. I was pretty impressed with the results and minimal PP (that told me I was doing better :clap)
nightshot2.jpg

As you can tell I am a "bit" of a car nut, but I have dabbled with other photos as well. I hope to get myself a smugmug account here soon to start sharing more of my work. Thanks for looking, I hope you find something good in the photos I shared. I am eager to learn more from everybody here during my time with this community.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    Nice series.....:D Thanks for sharing....looking forward to see more of your work........azzaro
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 21, 2010
    Welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. If you have been lurking, you know that you're not the only car nut around here lol3.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
  • SPD_FRKSPD_FRK Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 23, 2010
    Thanks guys, with the warm weather I am trying to make the most of my time outdoors. I have finally got into the habbit of taking my camera with me just about everywhere I go now.

This was another shot from the last series, this truck caught my eye as I arrived at the car show. I wish I could have talked with the owner but he was nowhere to be found, one of my best shots I thought;
    DodgeTruck1.jpg