5. dogtail grass
32881845-M.jpg

6. dried Sticky Monkeyflower
32881501-M.jpg

Comments

• AnsonAnson Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    Hello muddyknees
    I am a relative newbie and certainly on the low end of the DGRIN food chain..
    so take any comment from this direction with a shaker of salt....

having said this , I immediately liked dogtail..by a country mileclap.gif

..to much drab sky with 'shed in grassy field and not enough detail in foreground'
    ..hayfield border is very nice, may have been more effective with a somewhat wider App, thus making the dogtails pop!
    ..grassy fenceline did not do it for me ( perhaps you could crop the metal fence pole from the photo & again there are no redeeming qualities to the (featurless/overexposed) sky...the less sky the better!
    ..a more precise exposure on the grassy path , could have made this one a winner
    ..monkeyflower did not do anything for me

and remember...take all my pointers with a large shaker of salt...as I am on the front end of the learning curve!:gone

regards,
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Hey Anson,

I appreciate your comments, thanks. (And that's without salt - lent that it all away to others upon request after listening to me.)

I'm sure your comments will be welcome by everyine in this forum. (I'll be looking around for your photo's too.)l

Interesting, I struggled hard to get the grassy trail, several other attempts, couldnt quite get what I was after. The dogtail grass was just a single "random grab". I'll take a closer look at it now.

So I just got back from another try this afternoon, uploading the photo's as I speak. Will probably be too late for comments, but might be something better in that batch, and if not, at least it was a nice hike.

GAry

Anson wrote:
    I am a relative newbie and certainly on the low end of the DGRIN food chain..
    so take any comment from this direction with a shaker of salt....

having said this , I immediately liked dogtail..by a country mileclap.gif

..to much drab sky with 'shed in grassy field and not enough detail in foreground'
    ..hayfield border is very nice, may have been more effective with a somewhat wider App, thus making the dogtails pop!
    ..grassy fenceline did not do it for me ( perhaps you could crop the metal fence pole from the photo & again there are no redeeming qualities to the (featurless/overexposed) sky...the less sky the better!
    ..a more precise exposure on the grassy path , could have made this one a winner
    ..monkeyflower did not do anything for me

and remember...take all my pointers with a large shaker of salt...as I am on the front end of the learning curve!:gone

regards,
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    here's a tough one for you.
    5. is the best photo but I think 6. conveys 'dry' best.
    muddyknees wrote:
    gave it a try yesterday and am considering whether one of these are worthy:

5. dogtail grass
    32881845-M.jpg

6. dried Sticky Monkeyflower
    32881501-M.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....