Redbells

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited June 22, 2010 in Holy Macro
Or trumpets? First time macro and stack. Maybe not full-on macro because I wasn't paying much attention to the magnification, not being at the time in the mindset of Lord Vetinari - set lens magnification 1:1, move the camera to focus - but rather doing the normal framing the composition, focusing and so on.

I learned from this first experience that the technique used is the result got, so my result is a bit of a ho-hum "portrait", really. Second, that focus stacking takes very fine judgement and control. You can easily see the gaps in my focus stacking. Third, I forgot to adjust for the difference in light between metering the subject before shooting, and getting in close with the lens when taking shots - about 1.5 stops. Fourth, lighting is critical, as usual, and I needed to soften the light a lot more. My subject here was not easy - a bunch of many different focal distances, very small detail, and reflective surfaces.

Give it a bash and help me improve! :D Oh, and I used Zerene Stacker, very nice, especially the ease of retouching.

908384806_ycq9Z-X2.jpg

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments