Options

Big hassle - Price setting not working

keving54keving54 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited August 22, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

Setting up my pro account - I've followed instructions to set up prices for a portfolio for prices - if I don't wish to offer a particluar size, enter '0' and enter prices for sizes I do wish to offer. However when I re-enter these galleries and images and select Buy Print, the default prices are showing, not the prices I have entered!

How do you set prices for individual images or galleries? - it doesn't seem to be working. This is getting to be a real hassle.
It seems like pBase was much easier, or maybe these instructions are lousy? Anyone?

Thanks,
Kevin

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 21, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Hello,

Setting up my pro account - I've followed instructions to set up prices for a portfolio for prices - if I don't wish to offer a particluar size, enter '0' and enter prices for sizes I do wish to offer. However when I re-enter these galleries and images and select Buy Print, the default prices are showing, not the prices I have entered!

How do you set prices for individual images or galleries? - it doesn't seem to be working. This is getting to be a real hassle.
    It seems like pBase was much easier, or maybe these instructions are lousy? Anyone?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin, are you logged in when you select Buy Print? If you are logged in, you get the Smugmug prices. Log out and add something to the cart and see if it is the price you set.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    Still a problem...
    Kevin, are you logged in when you select Buy Print? If you are logged in, you get the Smugmug prices. Log out and add something to the cart and see if it is the price you set.
    Thanks for replying Barb,

I logged out and entered as a regular user, and went to the same gallery I set prices for when logged in. When I add the photo to my cart, it lists the smugmug default prices.
    When I'm logged in, and select Custom Pro Pricing and select 'Portfolio' (which is what I did when I set the prices), the prices I entered show up, plus the sizes I did NOT want to display are listed with zeros.
    Either their instructions stink, or somethng is not working. I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if this all is worth it?
    This should not really take this much effort to set this up. I'm within my 7 day trial and I'm seriously considering cancelling.
    Thanks for your help anyway...
    Kevin
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Thanks for replying Barb,

I logged out and entered as a regular user, and went to the same gallery I set prices for when logged in. When I add the photo to my cart, it lists the smugmug default prices.
    When I'm logged in, and select Custom Pro Pricing and select 'Portfolio' (which is what I did when I set the prices), the prices I entered show up, plus the sizes I did NOT want to display are listed with zeros.
    Either their instructions stink, or somethng is not working. I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if this all is worth it?
    This should not really take this much effort to set this up. I'm within my 7 day trial and I'm seriously considering cancelling.
    Thanks for your help anyway...
    Kevin

Don't give up Kevin! This is really a great place. Smugmug is the best I've found, and I think I've tried them all :)

Did you go to the bottom of the pricing page and click on "Update Pricing"? If you did that, and it still doesn't work for you, then please email help@smugmug.com before you cancel. They are very quick in getting back with you.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    Don't give up Kevin! This is really a great place. Smugmug is the best I've found, and I think I've tried them all :)

Did you go to the bottom of the pricing page and click on "Update Pricing"? If you did that, and it still doesn't work for you, then please email help@smugmug.com before you cancel. They are very quick in getting back with you.
    Thanks Barb,

Yes I did click the 'update pricing' option at the bottom of the screen. I guess I'll e-mail them.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Thanks Barb,

Yes I did click the 'update pricing' option at the bottom of the screen. I guess I'll e-mail them.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

I have no idea. But please do email them before you cancel. I have found their customer support second to none :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    Make sure you are fully logged out then check prices.

If still doesn't work try contacting smugmug's help ( help@smugmug.com ). They do have an exceptional help section.

When you are logged in and in the gallery looking at photos, there are tools listed below the main photo. In the drop down menu use "Custom Pro Pricing" to set individual photo prices and gallery pricing. Also make sure you have Cookies enabled or site can act strange.

Greg

Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Make sure you are fully logged out then check prices.

If still doesn't work try contacting smugmug's help ( help@smugmug.com ). They do have an exceptional help section.

When you are logged in and in the gallery looking at photos, there are tools listed below the main photo. In the drop down menu use "Custom Pro Pricing" to set individual photo prices and gallery pricing. Also make sure you have Cooking enabled or site can act strange.

Greg

Thanks Greg,

Yes I have done this. I have fully logged out and entered thru my pro account name (not logged in) and I select a photo that I've set up for sale. All smugmugs default pricing shows up, even though MY prices are listed when I log in and view custom prices below the same images. I've sent the help desk an email.
    VERY frustrated after working on this all day. And YES, my photos ARE enabled to be printed.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    what's your smugmug web address?
    Richard
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Thanks Greg,

Yes I have done this. I have fully logged out and entered thru my pro account name (not logged in) and I select a photo that I've set up for sale. All smugmugs default pricing shows up, even though MY prices are listed when I log in and view custom prices below the same images. I've sent the help desk an email.
    VERY frustrated after working on this all day. And YES, my photos ARE enabled to be printed.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Hey Kevin :)

When I go to your site, and add a photo to the shopping cart, I get your prices, not Smugmugs. I wonder if you have a caching problem or something like that? Beautiful photos btw.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Thanks Greg,

And YES, my photos ARE enabled to be printed.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Had a typo - should have said make sure "Cookies" are enabled on your computer.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    Thanks. Here's the solution...
    Hey Kevin :)

When I go to your site, and add a photo to the shopping cart, I get your prices, not Smugmugs. I wonder if you have a caching problem or something like that? Beautiful photos btw.
    Thanks Barb and everyone for your help (and fr the compiments on the photos). After I e-mailed Smugmug support, I had a brainstorm (watch out!).
    Just thought I'd pass this along if anyone else has a similar problem.
    The problem was the cookies! They are enabled of course, but I needed to clean them out. Even though I was not logged into Smugmug, but enrtered though my site address, there must have been a cookie that was retained that saw me as logged in (even though the url address was my site address and not smugmug!).
    I guess it's similar to if you log into your account, and close your browser, and then re-open your browser and go to smugmug.com, you are still logged on!
    Anyway, I really appreciate your help, and I have to say, the smugmug support in response to my e-mail was extremely timely and responsive! Couldn't ask for better support.
    Regards,
    Kevin

Here's the web address btw...still in progress...

http://www.newhopeimages.com/
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    The way I do it to avoid this problem is to log in using IE and not log in using Firefox, so if I want to view smugmug as an outsider I use firefox and I want to use it as the site owner I use IE. That way I avoid constantly logging in and out.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    keving54 wrote:
    Thanks Barb and everyone for your help (and fr the compiments on the photos). After I e-mailed Smugmug support, I had a brainstorm (watch out!).
    Just thought I'd pass this along if anyone else has a similar problem.
    The problem was the cookies! They are enabled of course, but I needed to clean them out. Even though I was not logged into Smugmug, but enrtered though my site address, there must have been a cookie that was retained that saw me as logged in (even though the url address was my site address and not smugmug!).
    I guess it's similar to if you log into your account, and close your browser, and then re-open your browser and go to smugmug.com, you are still logged on!
    Anyway, I really appreciate your help, and I have to say, the smugmug support in response to my e-mail was extremely timely and responsive! Couldn't ask for better support.
    Regards,
    Kevin

Here's the web address btw...still in progress...

http://www.newhopeimages.com/
    Hi Kevin :)

Glad you got it worked out! Those cookies can wreak havoc at times.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign