Camera Raw 6.1 - Camera Profile settings are missing...?

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited June 22, 2010 in Finishing School
Ok, so its been a while since I've been on here...

But, lately I've been editing pictures and something strange has happened... For some odd reason, the Camera Profile settings under the camera calibration tab are gone. The only option is ACR 4.6... which looks like crap.

The pictures were shot with a D700 in RAW.. so idk why this is happening.

I've tried opening them up into camera raw through Bridge CS5, and Photoshop CS5... nothing changes obviously.

I'm wondering if there's a setting I may have changed on accident... or something... in Camera RAW.

IDK... But, I need to get these wedding pictures edited cause... yeah, they're kinda waaay over due. procrastination fail
Jer

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    Not to be a wise guy, but have you tried to download the most recent ACR version again?

Sam
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    You're not being a wise guy Sam. I'll try that when I get home... didn't think about doing that.
    Jer
    edited June 22, 2010
    didn't work.... any other suggestions?
    Jer
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 22, 2010
    Hmm...I just looked at the camera profiles in ACR 6.1 and it does not show 6.1 at all, just 4.6 and stuff like camera faithful, camera landscape, etc. It does show 2010 as the process. I never did a custom calibration in 4.6; I never used anything but the default. So I wonder: did you ever see a different profile setting in 6.1?
    edited June 22, 2010
    It used to work perfectly. I had all of the standard ones, and the ones that Nikon has (vivid, landscape, portrait, etc..). Then randomly they disappeared about a month ago. Now theres only acr 4.6....
    Jer