Grand View

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited July 6, 2010 in Landscapes
These are from camping last weekend up near Grand View peak on Mt Graham Arizona. I was bummed about the lens flare in the sunset shot but I still enjoy the capture. I need to figure out how to minimize this in the future.

909547273_hAv8d-XL.jpg

909546612_oYpwn-L.jpg

909523265_sBENX-XL.jpg

909530553_DSLbS-XL.jpg

909545489_4JVgg-L.jpg

Comments

• karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2010
    I really like #1 in this series -- the human element works as a great foreground and provides the image with a sense of scale.

Lens hoods work decently for controlling lens flare, but I think it actually adds some visual interest to your second image.
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2010
    karlabbott wrote: »
    I really like #1 in this series -- the human element works as a great foreground and provides the image with a sense of scale.

Lens hoods work decently for controlling lens flare, but I think it actually adds some visual interest to your second image.

Thanks for the comments Karl. I was using a lens hood but pointing straight into the setting sun just flares up some lenses. The ones prior to one I posted with the sun a bit higher had very strong flare spots.

I do like the star effect off the sun itself, just not the extra flare spots when they occur. Any tip on how to maximize getting the star effect on a setting sun while minimizing other flare spots? All I know is to stop way down to F22 to bring out the staring.

By the way, those were taken with a Canon 17-55 2.8 lens.