Options

Jamie

Jeremy_22Jeremy_22 Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
edited June 24, 2010 in People

Comments

• Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Conversion and lighting are both wonderful! And she is stunning. The only downfall is how her neck is cut off in both photos. I think it's bc of the shirt.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    good stuff!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    2nd one is beautiful! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    Sorry, but I think that your model has great potential and, making the hip the centre of the composition (with this tatoo) is maybe interesting to someone (not me) but draw attentions away from her real beauty - I mean face portraits and, of course, full length portrait. Here I see tatoo and exactly tatoo stay in my memory... Again sorry for this critique...
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    #1, something about her posture bugs me, head and shoulders, and I can't decide where to look, she looks so high waisted,almost distorted...but #2 is a great shot thumb.gif and much more flattering IMHO.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2010
    Sorry, but I think that your model has great potential and, making the hip the centre of the composition (with this tatoo) is maybe interesting to someone (not me) but draw attentions away from her real beauty - I mean face portraits and, of course, full length portrait. Here I see tatoo and exactly tatoo stay in my memory... Again sorry for this critique...

Ya should be, as these forms are not designed to critique the model and/or her tattoos. Also, keep in mind while the hip is the center of the first image, the face is located in the top third.

Rule of Thirds

Yes, the "tattoo police" generally get under my skin. :)

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    Ya should be, as these forms are not designed to critique the model and/or her tattoos. Also, keep in mind while the hip is the center of the first image, the face is located in the top third.

Rule of Thirds

Yes, the "tattoo police" generally get under my skin. :)

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback!

I gota tell ya............When you or I post an image it's always up for critique, plus you asked for a critique.

I read Yuri's post and he didn't say anything negative about the model, but gave his honest opinion. You are of course welcome to ignore it.

I tend to agree with him on #1 The way she is posed looks very awkward to me. She looks like she doesn't have any hips. While I like tattoos, I don't see the tattoo in the image adding anything from a content or compositional point of view.

I think the second image is much stronger and flattering to your model.

You are of course free to ignore my post. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2010
    Critiques of the portraiture are more than welcome, model/tat comments are not. I read a lot of the "I don't like tats" types of posts all over the web...it gets old. "Fortunately" I don't often see subjects with tats...and when I do usually they are horrible, mean people... rolleyes1.gif

IMG_6766-800.jpg
  • Options
    SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    I don't think he means the tattoo sucks, but he just points out this is the focus of the picture. There are several element 'fighting' for attention: a beautiful lady, her clothes, her pose and indeed her tattoo (which is in it is own just fine).
    Both images tell me: 'look at my belly!', where the tattoo is positioned. The third image is a powerful shot of a powerful man and the lines in the photo draw you towards his face, not his tattoos.
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    She has a beautiful face, but I think I agree with Trudy in that there's something not quite right about her waist…

…my immediate response to looking at #1 was:

"…is she pulling her britches up, or down?

that's the important question!" eek7.gif

thumb.gif

-Wil (the original D.O.M.)
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    CountryfiedCountryfied Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    I wont comment about how I love the tat since that is a no-no...or is it only if you dont like it?

Not seeing everyones gripes about the poses. I like them. Seductive..sexy....in a farmers daughter sort of way.

My nit would be (loaded into PS to confirm) that number one looks blown but actually isnt....230's in red channel......but two is definitely hot (pegged at 250 in many areas) making her look ghostly...in my opinion
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 24, 2010
    Great depth of field! Crisp sharpness. Very good.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me