Challenge 45

AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited August 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Taken 2005-08-14 15:21:25 New member, first post, first challlenge. Some tweeking in Photoshop7. And it WAS dry there.
Exif @ http://alkhemist.smugmug.com/gallery/748430/1/33020349/Large
33020349-L.jpg
Allen M.
Alkhemist
www.alkhemist.smugmug.com

"Photography is a medium of formidable contradictions. It is ridiculously easy and almost impossibly difficult." Edward Steichen

Comments

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    wave.gif welcome, I'm sure everyone will give you a warm welcome. Make sure you get your entry in before the deadline.
  • AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome. I think I may not have put my photo in the correct thread to enter the challenge. If so, and its not in the challange, I'd welcome any comments on it.
    Allen M.
    Alkhemist

"Photography is a medium of formidable contradictions. It is ridiculously easy and almost impossibly difficult." Edward Steichen
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Alkhemist wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome. I think I may not have put my photo in the correct thread to enter the challenge. If so, and its not in the challange, I'd welcome any comments on it.
    Welcome to dgrin! That's a great shot...it definately screams "dry". I think it's well composed too. Definately challenge material. I'd love to see more of your stuff....so keep posting. :D

I'm sure others would agree that this is one of the friendliest, most tallented groups I've run across. There's never a boring day on dgrin.
    beer.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    What a great shot for the "dry" contest! thumb.gif Too bad about not getting it posted in the right thread. But if you had, my entry would have probably been knocked out of the top ten. rolleyes1.gif Can't wait to see what you come up with in the "opposites" challenge! Va.

Email
  • ktb53ktb53 Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    what happened to the camel shot?
    I saw a great "dry" image with 2 or 3 camels that someone had sumitted but when I went to vote it wasn't a finalist so I looked back at the submissions and it was no longer there. Does anyone know what happened to that image, I thought it was great. - Ken

P.S. It was a very brown/tan image
    What if the Hokey Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about?
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    ktb53 wrote:
    I saw a great "dry" image with 2 or 3 camels that someone had sumitted but when I went to vote it wasn't a finalist so I looked back at the submissions and it was no longer there. Does anyone know what happened to that image, I thought it was great. - Ken

P.S. It was a very brown/tan image

The person who submitted that shot changed the photo... Nir placed another shot of one camel instead. Until the close of the challenge, you can submit and change your photo as much as you want.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • AlkhemistAlkhemist Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2005
    Wow, thanks for the compliments and responses. Great to meet everyone. Looking forward to posting more, but I haven't yet figured out what i'll do for Ch 46. When I get more images into my smugmug gallery I'll post the address.
    Allen M.
    Alkhemist